If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than an industrial placement with the Commercial team at L'Oréal. We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
We have multiple Commercial Industrial Placement roles which sit across lots of our brands/teams. Once you have been recruited, we use the feedback from your Assessment Centre to match you up to a role where you will thrive the most!
Working in one of our National Accounts Teams, you’ll be given the responsibility to liaise with major clients such as Boots, ASOS or John Lewis to name a few, and help strike successful commercial deals to provide mutually beneficial business solutions. You’ll be communicating with external companies and making smart business decisions, while using your analytical skills to make perceptive judgements.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers, good communication is key! You will also use this skill to work closely with numerous other teams within L’Oréal such as Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance, further broadening your experience with us.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Tracking and analysing sales figures, promotions and new product launches
- Supporting your team/account in tailoring new launches and maximising their success
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Accurately forecasting promotions and launch quantities
- Taking on and managing your own projects, long and short term with the potential to present your findings to senior management
- Attending product launch events in collaboration with our retailers as the face of L’Oreal
- Assisting our retailers on their social media platforms, working with the marketing teams to propose plans and implement them
- Regular in-store visits to track your brands, competitor activity and launches across all retailer
- Working with retailers on collaborative ideas to support growth in the account/brand.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- A results driven mentality with an ability to achieve set objectives
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information to drive business decisions and highlight opportunities for growth
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Confident in presenting
- Actively seek innovative business solutions and suggest new ideas
- Proactive individual, able to self-manage projects, adjust priorities and work under pressure.
- Showcase a high level of autonomy to support your customers.
- Promote a customer-centric attitude and ensure that you can balance and compliment the needs of the business with that of your accounts.
- Eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.