The days of putting people into boxes are over as far as we’re concerned. There are 8 billion people on this planet, and every single one is unique. So that’s how we treat each of our customers - as a living, breathing individual, not just a number.
We celebrate and support the beautiful complexity of real life. And instead of doing things how they’ve always been done, we do what’s best for our people and our customers, right now and into the future.
Our passion is to create the best products, services and experiences for customers and partners. That’s why we won’t compromise. If we don’t love it, we don’t do it.
So welcome to Real Life Lending. Welcome to The Mortgage Lender.
We are currently looking for a Complaints Officer to investigate and respond to customer complaints and provide support to first-line stakeholders while ensuring that regulatory requirements and expectations are met and that customer outcomes are in keeping with Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles. The Complaints Officer will also review and monitor complaint volumes, identify trends, and establish root cause to ensure the delivery of fair customer outcomes, prevent future complaints and improve customer experience.
- Handle calls and correspondence and respond appropriately and in a courteous and efficient manner
- Investigate complaints fully, in accordance with the Complaints Policy and Procedures and compose clear, and comprehensive written final responses
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to action appropriate resolutions where possible and/or award redress in line with internal requirements and the documented approval process
- Undertake thorough root cause analysis of all complaints and recommend actions to prevent recurrence where appropriate
- Record, track and see all actions arising from root cause analysis to completion
- Review and prepare files for consideration by the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Analyse and review complaints volumes internally and against industry benchmarks
- Prepare and submit complaints returns to the FCA and provide regular updates and insight to the Executive Management and Risk, Oversight & Compliance Committees and Board
- Proactively keep informed of Financial Ombudsman Service determinations. Ensure complaints are recorded accurately and promptly on the Complaints log
- Develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the FCA DISP requirements and the principles of TCF and be able to assess customer outcomes within this
- Escalation of any problem or issue to management or where appropriate to the Risk & Governance and/or Compliance & Legal teams
- Prepare and deliver complaints training to internal stakeholder
- Maintain complaints policies and procedures to industry standards and review and update as required to ensure continued adherence to regulatory requirement
The ideal candidate might have a few of the following attributes...
- Experience of complaint / dispute handling
- Experience in mortgage lending / servicing
- Experience undertaking end to end account reviews / investigations
- Experience of working in a team
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 day’s annual leave
- Pension and healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid Working
- Modern offices in Glasgow
- Positive and supportive environment
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done