Seeking a commercially driven career in a dynamic, fast paced company? Something to keep you on your toes, where no day is ever the same?
Conference Production may be just for you!
We’re seeking an ambitious individual with a natural passion for research, a thirst for business and ability to differentiate themselves and stand out from the crowd to join our rapidly expanding team.
But what is conference production? In short you are responsible for understanding what a conference audience wants to learn about (market research), and then developing the agenda and inviting the best speakers that can help solve our audience’s problems (product development).
You will spend time conducting phone-based research with industry leaders, developing relationships with international clients and leveraging their support to create brand new conferences, as well as grow established events. You’ll then become the project manager for your event working closely with the marketing, sales and operations teams to ensure the event is a commercial success.
This is the perfect career for a confident and intelligent graduate looking for a challenging but highly rewarding career which will fast-track their learning in the world of business, while enjoying international travel, an excellent company culture and great opportunities for rapid career progression.
Why choose us?
- Hanson Wade is one of the top 100 fastest growing SMEs in the UK and we put people at the heart of what we do.
- Our training and career progression opportunities would be hard to beat elsewhere.
- We offer flexible working
- Employee wellbeing is important to us, for example:
- We offer an annual personal learning budget
- We offer subsidised yoga in the office, have a running club that regularly enters into team events and a cycle to work scheme
- We provide free fresh fruit each week
- We all get on well and find lots of ways to socialise through:
- Monthly social club events
- Monthly awards night and drinks
- Legendary twice yearly company parties
- Team dinners and activities to celebrate success projects
6 years ago, we started a brand new team focused on construction and engineering, which has become one of the fastest growing portfolios in the business, with thousands of people attending our events annually. We now need an ambitious team member to help us grow this further and so you will rapidly pick up practical experience as you research and develop new conferences from your first few weeks in the role! After the first year, you will then begin to build your own specific network and find your own niche to grow and specialise in.
Due to the diversity of the role, no specialist or technical degree is required, nor any prior experience with construction or engineering – just have a passion for learning, determination to succeed, ability to meet tight deadlines and not be fazed by a dynamic role that will keep you thinking on your feet.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting phone-based research to understand the needs of your audience
- Using a mixture of creativity and commercial awareness to develop the event agenda
- Inviting and influencing industry leaders, persuading them to speak at your conference
- Briefing marketing, sales and operations teams to help them drive revenue on your conference
- Managing the project team in the lead up to the event and supporting them with your research insight
- Travelling internationally to help lead and run the conference on the day
- As well as any other duties compatible with the grading or the post.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a naturally inquisitive mind and thirst for knowledge to continually develop and refine your understanding of the industry and conference topics
- Have the listening and communication skills to work with directors of large companies, your clients, to conduct research and influence their involvement in the conference
- Have strong entrepreneurial spirit and commercial curiosity; are tenacious, ambitious and highly motivated; with demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Be open to new challenges and have the intelligence and confidence to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to lead and work as part of a team to achieve a common goal
£26,000 + commission, £32,000 OTE