Consumer Market Insights Industrial Placement 2022
As L'Oréal’s Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) intern, you’ll be using data to and diagnose market dynamics. You need to be a whizz with numbers and data, but also a creative problem solver, drawing new and actionable insights for the business from these numbers.
You will be expected to ensure that CMI activities are executed accurately and advance the business objectives. You should be the voice of the consumer, helping to provide insight to facilitate business decisions. You will provide support on key CMI Market Intelligence projects, adding value to these projects through your Project Management skills and your understanding of continuous research.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Helping to support the day-to-day relationship with key continuous research agencies
- Training and educating the business, across marketing, commercial, category development, etc., in the understanding and utility of our data resources
- Managing tracking and delivery of market KPIs to the business on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensuring continuous regular reporting and ad hoc requests are delivered in an accurate and timely manner
- Understanding how to analyse and interpret data that ultimately adds value and insight to the business
- Remaining open-minded and creative to provide key learnings and recommendations to the business supported by market insights
- Helping all areas of the business with their data requests around the market and our competitors
- Staying up to date with developments in the industry, with particular attention to trends, social media, consumer behaviour and data/analytics tools
In order to be successful in this role you should have a passion for consumers and market research, together with an analytical mind and strong data skills. You must be able to demonstrate a team-orientated approach to work, in addition to the following:
- Highly computer literate with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for data, structured analytical approach, and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively taking into account deadlines
- Experience working proactively, using own initiative
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.