Do you wish to work in a role that will help the UK make better decisions through statistics?
Do you have a strong eye for detail and a passion for clear, concise content focused on user needs? Are you collaborative by nature with a positive approach to challenges?
You will be responsible for proofreading and working with other ONS teams to ensure that our publications are the best they can be. You will help to make sure our digital content is user-focused and written in clear, concise, plain English. You will work as part of the publishing process to ensure we meet our deadlines.
As a Content Designer (EO) you will have some relevant work experience and have the ability to work independently to identify user issues and needs. You will proofread and improve content, supporting publishing and accessibility standards. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, and for progression into other content roles.
In return we offer:
- Hybrid working in an organisation voted top in the UK for work-life balance
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns *for every role* full-time, part-time, job-share.
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Generous holiday allowance - 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years service in addition to 9 public holidays
For more information about this role, a full application pack, and to apply, please follow the APPLY link to Civil Service Jobs
Working Patterns: All our vacancies are offered as a flexible option of Fulltime, Parttime, Flexible working, Job Share
Newport, South WalesFareham, Hampshire,Darlington, County Durham
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT
Business Management and Administrative Studies