The Corporate Affairs function is the is the engine of stakeholder engagement responsible for building and protecting the reputation of L’Oreal UK and Ireland. The Corporate Affairs team is responsible for Internal and External Communications, Public Affairs, Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Be based in the Corporate Affairs team and reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, this role is responsible for supporting the day-to-day execution of internal communications and for the development of content for internal channels.
- You have strong writing skills, an interest in news and current affairs, a brilliant organiser and communicator and relationship builder. You’re proactive and hands-on, with the ability to work with a variety of internal stakeholders.
The purpose of your role
Based in the Corporate Affairs team, you’ll be helping build and protect the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a bias for action who wants to make a positive difference in the world. This role is responsible for supporting the internal communications and corporate responsibility strategy.
Day-to-day you may be:
- Supporting the day-to-day delivery of all internal corporate communications, working closely with a variety of stakeholders and partners across the business
- Managing and copywriting for day to day internal communications channels including the intranet, weekly all-employee newsletter, internal advertising and event materials
- Supporting the delivery of the weekly all-employee newsletter including managing the editorial calendar, agency briefing, examining analytics and proactively searching for relevant and engaging content
- Writing corporate communications materials including website copy, press releases, interviews, intranet articles and reports
- Supporting the delivery of key internal moments and events including Quarterly Business Updates, Citizen Day and Ethics Day
- Supporting the delivery of Corporate Social Responsibility projects including Citizen Day and the L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women In Science Programme
- Supporting content creation for a variety of employee engagement and social media channels
- Support the delivery of fundraising activities for our corporate charity partners such as Look Good Feel Better and In Kind Direct
- Circulating relevant media articles and daily news clippings to internal stakeholders
- Social media monitoring and reporting
- Responding to charitable and education enquiries
- Attending corporate affairs meetings and supporting on team activities as required
- Assisting with day-to-day administrative tasks for the team
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Exceptional research skills and ability to digest complex information.
- Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong prioritisation skills, able to balance multiple projects at any one time.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency.
- Knowledge of systems such as Mailchimp, Canva, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
- Interest in news and current affairs, environmental, social and political issues.
- Eligible to work in the UK