Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Our Internship Program runs for 10 weeks, from June to August and is open to penultimate year students graduating in 2021 who are passionate about gaining an insight into Global Markets (GM).
Leveraged Finance Sector Strategy Internship.
The Leveraged Finance Sector Strategy team sits on the Global Credit Products trading floor and is tasked with developing and providing investment and trade ideas to Leveraged Finance Credit traders, sales and clients. As with equity research, the desk strategists perform detailed fundamental analysis on companies, examining their business strategy, competitive position and financial statements, as well as providing commentary and insights into how company specific news flow impacts bond, loan or CDS prices.
A simplified description of the strategist’s job is as follows:
- expressing views to traders and clients on a number of relevant companies, based on the analysis of sector trends, financial projections, capital structure and debt pricing levels;
- assessing the relative value versus comparable companies in the High Yield and Distressed universe;
- generating trade ideas and company- and sector- specific commentaries both for the traders and the desk’s clients (primarily mutual funds, pension funds and hedge funds).
- monitoring news flow and its impact on prices;
- engaging in regular communications with clients.
It is a fast-paced, market-focused role that requires the ability to anticipate likely future developments and quickly analyse breaking news and their impact.
You’ll need to be in your penultimate year of study for a Bachelors or Masters qualification (or equivalent) in any discipline, and be available for the full 10 weeks and be able to start full-time employment in July 2021.
While our employees have a wide range of experiences and interests, they share an intellectual curiosity, a desire to achieve and a pattern of excellence and achievement. Whatever your background, you’ll need to be:
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- A leader who naturally attracts followers
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A self-starter who is able to envision long-term goals and ways to attain them
- A collaborative team member who builds excellent relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability
Assessment Centers are held from October, with hires made on a rolling basis. Unless you are informed of an outcome earlier, your application may be kept in consideration until hiring is completed, which is typically around January 2020. Please ensure your resume document is clearly identified in your application; a brief cover letter can be submitted but there is no need to provide transcripts or other documents.
Given large volumes individual feedback and updates will not be possible, however general status updates will be sent to all applicants from time to time.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!