We are looking for an enthusiastic Aftertreatment Integration Test Engineering Placement Student to join our team specializing in Emissions Solutions for our Components Business Segment in Darlington, United KingdomDuring your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry andpower your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Interpret test requests for Euro VI and Stage V diesel engine and aftertreatment development testing in engine dynamometer test cells, write test instructions, prepare necessary test scripts and logging files.
- Manage prototype equipment inventories at on and offsite storage facilities.
- Ensure engine, aftertreatment and associated hardware is available and set-up correctly for each test. Oversee the operation of the test cell and provide support to the test cell operator and facilities team when necessary (answer questions and clarification requests related to test instructions and hardware).
- Analyse test data for test quality and identify issues with the test related to either equipment or software.
- Troubleshoot test cell issues including hardware, test sequence and scripting, instructions and test procedures and provide both short- and long-term solutions.
- Carry out testing and support operators in equipment installation and trouble shooting.You will spend a year in a test engineering department to gain real experience in the testing and development area. You are supported by formal and informal training, and work on projects that add true value to the business.
- We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering & STEM related subjects.
- Good knowledge of MS office (excel and word).
- Methodical and data-based approach to problem solving, Strong team working skills and communication skills.
- Knowledge of diesel engine architecture and/or test cell operation an advantage but not essential – training will be provided.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!