Type of opportunity:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team specializing in Customer Engineering for our Power Systems G Drive Business in Daventry, Northampton/ your remote home officeDuring your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry andpower your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Working closely with the Sales team and customer base in UK and Europe to directly increase the company’s financial performance and ensuring customer satisfaction through technical support from start to finish of the customer order.
- Undertake “Engine Selections” for customers, helping to pick the correct engine model and set of options to tailor the engine for a specific application.
- Undertake “Design Reviews” for customer applications to verify the correct installation of the engine and interface for the engine sub-systems (cooling, starting, fuel, mounting, air intake, etc)
- Undertake “Installation Reviews” for customer applications by using a mix of calculation, inspection and test to validate the correct installation and operation of the engine. Use electronic service tools to configure electronic features on the engine and optimise performance.
- Conducting fault finding and troubleshooting visits with appropriate coaching from our experienced Customer Engineers.
- Travelling to customer sites in UK and/or Europe to support the customer base subject to risk assessments
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering and STEM related subjects.
- Has experience in, and can demonstrate, relevant examples of Cummins core values e.g. voluntary work, community involvement activities, working with disadvantaged groups, charity related support, delivering superior results, teamwork, competencies and outside education experiences.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal teams and external customers. Language skills in Turkish, Spanish, Italian or another European language would be beneficial.
- An interest in and understanding of diesel engines and/or generator sets
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!