Who we are
Cummins have been the trailblazers in the power generation industry for over a century. From clean diesel and zero-emissions engines to electric and alternative fuel technologies, we create a wide range of innovative products that power businesses in over 190 countries worldwide.
What we will offer you
During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and Power your potential!
Your placement will include;
- Extensive Training Programs & Educational Support,
- Exposure to industry-leading tools and technologies,
- Global Opportunities,
- Challenging Assignments,
- Competitive Salary.
As an Engineering placement student with us you’ll be able to use the theoretical knowledge gained at Uni and really put it in to practice.
You’ll get a chance to be involved in;
- Responsible for creating innovative design solutions to real engineering problems on new and existing products.
- Utilising your passion for design engineering to create CAD models and drawings to design specifications using CREO CAD software. Training in these tools and processes will be provided.
- Supporting engineering tools such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Virtual Reality to develop designs, whilst also applying engineering theory and manufacturing knowledge to deliver designs that are “Right first Time”. You will have an opportunity to gain experience in additive manufacture through 3D printing, in addition to experience in 3D laser scanning for reverse engineering and inspection.
- Utilising engineering calculations to ensure your designs meet technical requirements and you will learn about dimensional tolerancing and how to apply this to your designs.
- Be part of a global design team, working collaboratively with others through the design cycle.
- Required to communicate your ideas and engineered solutions to various cross functional teams effectively.
- Currently studying a Bachelors or Masters degree, an Engineering or STEM subject (and not graduating this academic year).
- Full eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Has clear thought processes and can show a logical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
- Has sustained interest and achievement within hobbies/interests/out of academia activities.
Our Mission – Why we Exist: Making people’s lives better by powering a more prosperous world
Our Vision – What we want to Accomplish: Innovating for our customers to power their success
Our Values – How we will do it: Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion, Caring, Excellence, Teamwork
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace, and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favorable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!