Who we are
Cummins have been the trailblazers in the power generation industry for over a century. From clean diesel and zero-emissions engines to electric and alternative fuel technologies, we create a wide range of innovative products that power businesses in over 190 countries worldwide.
What we will offer you
During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and Power your potential!
Your placement will include;
- Extensive Training Programs & Educational Support,
- Exposure to industry-leading tools and technologies,
- Global Opportunities,
- Challenging Assignments,
- Competitive Salary.
As an Engineering placement student with us you’ll be able to use the theoretical knowledge gained at Uni and really put it in to practice.
You’ll get a chance to be involved in;
- Responsibility for the planning and management of successful development testing across a variety of test cells for new and existing diesel and natural gas engines up to 4060 horsepower and power generation sets up to 4MWe.
- Responsible for the development of build, test, and teardown plans with the collaboration of cross-functional teams to ensure testing is optimised meets all test requirements, and is right the first time.
- Collect data from a variety of sensors, systems, and test cells to analyse and then present this data to the internal global customers to aid component and product development.
- Required to perform fault finding and the diagnostics of engines and power generation sets throughout build and test, working to assess risks and provide data-driven decisions towards issue resolution.
- Expected to provide clear direction and communication to key stakeholders using a variety of presentation methods and documentation such as Cummins Technical Reports.
- Have the opportunity to contribute and lead continuous improvement projects to create or develop internal best practices and processes.
- Currently studying a Bachelors or Masters degree, an Engineering or STEM subject (and not graduating this academic year).
- Full eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Has clear thought processes and can show a logical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
- Has sustained interest and achievement within hobbies/interests/out of academia activities.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!