We are looking for an enthusiastic Electronic Hardware Integration Engineer - Placement to join our team specializing in Power Generation for our Power Systems Business in Daventry, Northamptonshire During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- The Electronic Hardware Integration team is responsible for designing, validation and releasing wiring harness system architecture. This includes interconnections and support hardware between ECMs, sensors and actuators. Responsibilities also include consultation and approval of electrical component mounting interfaces with other subsystem teams.
- The ideal candidate will be studying towards a mechanical engineering degree (or equivalent) with additional extracurricular interest or experience in electrical systems.
- With guidance from experienced team members, you will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to present and gain approval from leadership using the design review process.
- You will also be responsible for Investigating and solving problems using standard industry tools such as FTA, FMEA and 7-step problem-solving process.
- You will execute validation tasks utilising and updating Design Verification Plans and Reports (DVP&R) using PTC integrity to verify that designs meet program requirements and company engineering standards (ESW).
- You will gain experience in designing and analysing wiring harnesses and associated mounting hardware using Creo 4.0, Creo Schematics and ANSYS to meet system-level requirements.
- Currently studying a Bachelors or Masters degree, an Engineering or STEM subject (and not graduating this academic year).
- Full eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Has clear thought processes and can show a logical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
- Has sustained interest and achievement within hobbies/interests/out of academia activities.
Our Mission – Why we Exist: Making people’s lives better by powering a more prosperous world
Our Vision – What we want to Accomplish: Innovating for our customers to power their success
Our Values – How we will do it: Integrity, Diversity & Inclusion, Caring, Excellence, Teamwork
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace, and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favorable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!