Weare looking for an enthusiastic Product Design and Validation placement student to join our team specializing in Design Engineering and Validation tasks for our Cummins Emission Solutions in Darlington. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Product Design and Validation is responsible for the research, design, development and validation of Aftertreatment systems and components. By using engineering tools to analyse problems, potential design solutions are identified to resolve internal and external ‘customer’ issues.
- The main objective of this role is to assist with the creation of design specifications considering; application, cost, weight, performance, product life, ease of manufacture, ease of assembly and service requirements.
- You will be required to verify designs using analysis and/or functional testing, interpret results, drive decisions and assess risk.
- You will apply engineering and/or scientific skills and knowledge to develop experience in creating engineering solutions. Development of these skills will enable you to participate in and contribute to design and safety reviews.
- You will support the investigations into New products introduction and Current Product support.
- You will be expected to collaborate with other functions such as Operations, Sourcing and Marketing, to ensure stakeholders requirements are met throughout the design and development process.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering, Project Management & STEM related subjects and the degree programme must include a 12-month industry placement.
- Has clear thought processes and can show a logical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!