We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Design Engineer - Gen Set New Product Introduction – Placement to join our team specializing in Power Generation for our Power Systems Business in Daventry, Northamptonshire During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Design, develop, research and analyse generator set power systems and components.
- Use of engineering tools to analyse engineering problems to identify potential design solutions to resolve internal and external ‘customer’ issues.
- Assist in creating design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service requirements.
- Verify design using analysis and/or functional testing, interpret results, drive decisions and assess risk.
- Develop and release design solutions in line with Cummins and global design standards/procedures.
- Support research and application of alternative generation, waste energy recovery and efficiency improvement technologies to the diesel/gas electricity generating set with a view to improving overall efficiency.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering, Project Management & STEM related subjects.
- Has experience in, and can demonstrate, relevant examples of Cummins core values e.g. voluntary work, community involvement activities, working with disadvantaged groups, charity related support, delivering superior results, teamwork, competencies and outside education experiences.
- Has clear thought processes and can show a logical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
- Has sustained interest and achievement within hobbies/interests/out of academia activities.
This placement position is one of a number of roles we have available across our Daventry and Manston Power Systems Technical Centre sites. Please check out each of our adverts before applying but please note that through the application process there may be opportunities to be considered for other Power Systems Tech Centre based roles than the original one applied for if you or Cummins feel you would be better suited to an alternative role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!