Greater London +1
**This role is open to being fully remote or based out of our London offices**
Marshmallow’s Mission 🚀
We’re making insurance cheaper, faster and fairer by building the most tech-focused insurance company of our generation.
Since launch, we have been the quickest growing insurtech in Europe. We are currently turning over more than $100m per annum, have raised over $45m, and are signing up 10k new customers per month. We are one of the only UK based insurtechs to own our own insurance company - giving us total control of the entire value chain, from sign-up and pricing through to claims affording us the unrivaled ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We have a huge advantage over incumbents due to machine learning, automation, owning our own technology stack, comprehensive data integrations, seamless design and a "move fast”, honest culture. We are a team of over 100 and counting, have a 4.6* Trustpilot score, and are championed by deep-pocketed investors who have backed the likes of N26, Spotify, Transferwise and Monzo. We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for here.
For the inside scoop on our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like, have a read of our culture handbook 💕
Role Description 📖
What you will achieve in your first 12 months at Marshmallow 🤔
Although no two days are the same, here are some key areas that you'll be supporting in:
- Interacting with new and existing customers on a daily basis, solving their queries via live chat and email to provide an all-round great customer experience, keeping NPS high and meeting individual targets related to quantity, speed, and accuracy 🚀
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, identifying where and how we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier 🔎
- Liasing with third parties (e.g. underwriters, claims handlers, premium finance partner, etc.) to ensure a seamless customer experience ??
- Keeping compliance at the forefront of your mind, making sure that everything we do and say is in accordance with FCA guidelines 📖
- Building up expert knowledge of our product, systems, and processes through comprehensive training, as well as dedicated Focus Time, which you'll use to fill any gaps in your knowledge 🧠
After your first few months, once you have a deeper understanding of what great Customer Happiness looks like, you'll have opportunities to work on different projects. You'll have your own Focus Area, which involves being the team's 'expert' on that particular area, as well as the point of contact for the rest of the business to reach out to.
Working as part of a team, you will need to be able to work 2-3 weekend days per month and 1-2 late shifts (5-9pm) per week, as defined by a rota. You will also be required to work occasional bank holidays.
Who you are 🙋
- You are really passionate about the customer and will go that extra mile to offer them the best service.
- Working in a startup means that you have to be adaptable and excited by the prospect of moving fast.
- You enjoy finding solutions to problems you come across rather than waiting on others to do this for you.
- You enjoy taking complex issues and explaining them in an easy and understandable way.
- If you don't understand something, you are not afraid to ask. There's no such thing as a silly question!
- You're selfless. You enjoy pulling together as a team and supporting your teammates.
- You're excited about working in a company that really focuses on and believes in the importance of feedback.
Experiences that will help you succeed 🎓
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles is essential
- If you have experience in an online customer support role this is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩?👩?👦?👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (including bank holidays) 🏖?
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Learning and training 📚
- Flexible working 🕑
- Budget to help you set up working from home 🪑
- Mac iOS tech 💻
- Our process consists of an initial video conversation with a short written task, followed by a more in-depth interview with two of our Customer Operations team leads. There will be a final 30-minute conversation with our Head of Operations, Chris. We will be communicative and transparent throughout.
- We will let you know whether you will be invited to interview. We are a small team so regrettably cannot provide feedback on your application.
- We are currently working remotely but post-pandemic will be taking a hybrid approach to work, with the number of days in the office being based on what you need to succeed in your role.
- To meet our regulatory obligations as an FCA authorised financial services company, Marshmallow needs to conduct background checks on all new hires. This means carrying out a DBS check and checking for any live criminal proceedings. Please ask our Talent Acquisition team if you have any team questions about this.
This role is open to being fully remote or based out of our London offices
Greater London, England