Location: Luton, GB, LU2 9TN
Functional Area: Business Support & Operations
Type of contract: Permanent
Working time: 37.5
Job ID: 90262
The Customer Operations Executive will be the first point of contact for our customers and key stakeholders:- colleagues in destination, contact centres, retail, airport, cruise, government bodies & airlines in relation to on the day customer disruption, including but not limited to - flight delays, irregular events, issues, incidents and crisis situations. At the heart of the company, you will be responsible for solving issues on the spot (usually by phone) using empowerment guidelines and application of pre-determined customer policies.
Working on a shift pattern basis which includes weekends & bank holidays; responsible for the initial response to all TUI UK&I on the day customer disruption & incidents in accordance with company procedures, you will support customers and colleagues impacted, ensuring the customer is at the heart of our decision making, whilst protecting the TUI brand.
Please note there is a requirement to work in our Luton, Wigmore House offices due to the operational nature of the role.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible 24/7 (shift basis) for handling calls/emails from internal & external customers & dealing with queries/issues as they arise (Shifts - 4 on 4 off (0700-1900/1900-0700) Days and Nights)
- Booking of new flights for customers who have missed their original flights.
- Booking flights for immigration refusals as directed by UKBA and collating all paperwork in readiness to appeal against any charges that may be imposed against the airline.
- Working with the Airline Customer Comms team to ensure delay letter templates are appropriate. Including any change to customer policy if appropriate.
- Ensure immediate attention is given to all incidents affecting TUI UK &I customers and staff escalating when necessary. Ensuring each incident is logged on Risk Console and investigated thoroughly ensuring appropriate escalation and follow through.
- Accountable for resolving “on the day” operational issues for TUI UK & I customers, ensuring where possible the cause of the problem is identified and action taken to avoid repercussion in the future and further cost to the business.
- Ensure best possible service is provided to customers in destination when customers are impacted by a flight delay/issue – working closely with the airline operations team and destination team in order that a seamless delivery of service is maintained.
- Accountable for maintaining and distributing chronological and accurate logs of all daily events impacting the customers of all tour operating businesses which are used as reference material by other departments. Maintaining efficient and detailed handovers.
- Customer centric with a passion for driving improved customer service
- Experience of holding difficult conversations with customers over the phone.
- A high standard of written communication with good attention to detail
- Ability to represent the company at a senior level with external 3rd parties eg ABTA/FTO
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Effective collaboration and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative with the confidence to escalate incidents where appropriate
- Ability to cope with pressure multi-task and make informed decisions within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of overseas operations, Retail, Airline, Cruise & Contact Centres is desired
- Knowledge of TUI systems (C4C; @com; Connect; Risk Console) is desired
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our website.