Duration: 12 months
Sector: Medical Devices
Location – Leeds
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
The role will drive the design of customised implants and instruments, to deliver design solutions for the Made to Order (MTO) business unit in supply Chain Operations, Depuy Synthes, using the latest technologies and delivering to customer focussed lead times to meet both customer and business requirements.
What we’re about:
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early-stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve.
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional subject areas caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are:
Committed to caring
Responsible to our communities
Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
Unique in our background and experiences
The drivers of our own success
Passionate about doing what’s right
- Own the design and case management of custom-made patient specific CNC and 3D Printed solutions of implants & instruments
- Build 2D & 3D CAD data
- Builds Custom Design Packs for Surgeon Approval
- Presents finished designs and works with R&D functions to risk assess patient cases
- Undertake and collaborate work in areas such as finite element analysis, and other engineering calculation tools to prove sizing, materials, and specifications prior to machine fabrication.
- Liaises with workshop employees to ensure designs can be manufactured
- Liaises with DePuy Synthes Sales Account Managers throughout each project
- Compiles documentation for Case History File (CHF) in line with device Regulations
- Ensure all aspects of the quality system are met with respect to the manufacture and supply of patient specific medical device products, maintaining compliance, training and certification of technicians and engineers as needed to develop and produce products
This function involves multifunctional working with:
- Production & Engineering
- Global Supply Chain
- Research & Development
Studying in an engineering or scientific subject area such as Medical / Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, or Product Design.
- Highly organised with a prioritisation focused approach to personal work management
- Comfortable with strict delivery schedules, self-motivator
- Hardworking, and committed, with a positive, can do demeanor
- Creative, but with the ability to develop ideas in detail
- Flexible approach to work assignments – equally committed to routine as well as novel assignments,
- Quality and compliance focused
- Comfortable in making critical decisions and results oriented
- Clear pragmatic problem solver capable of differentiating critical issues
- Skilled problem solver
- Comfortable and supportive of change
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Team mentality, but capable and comfortable working autonomously
- Competent clear concise communicator