The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Cyber team
The Cyber Security team provides cyber security assurance, advice and guidance to clients on all aspects to help them build and maintain a robust security environment. We identify cyber risks and work closely with clients to understand their unique set of digital opportunities and challenges, providing tailored and strategic advice and guidance. We support our clients in assessing, building and managing their cyber security capabilities, from ensuring compliance with industry regulations, and mitigating potential risks to moving them towards a more mature security posture.
As a Cyber Security Junior Consultant within the national cyber security team you will be responsible for delivering cyber security assurance and advisory work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients, including those in FTSE 350, will allow you to gain experience across a range of sectors including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Corporates/Private Sector/Industry & Services
- Central and Local Government
- Retail and Consumer products organisations
The role of a Cyber Security Junior Consultant is to support the team in delivering projects. This means assisting in all aspects of the project lifecycle; from the sales or ‘business development' process, to project planning, execution of fieldwork and preparation of deliverables including actively contributing to final recommendations.
You will be involved in non-client activities such as assisting with internal projects and research initiatives.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional cyber security qualifications.
During your first year you will
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on projects across various client types and service offerings;
- Learn how to undertake fieldwork using a range of tools and methods in order to support our clients (e.g. Cyber Security Maturity Assessments);
- Develop a thorough understanding of cyber security frameworks and topics, industry good practice, and applicable regulations; and
- Interact with clients' staff and build an effective rapport.
During your second year you will
- Take more responsibility on projects;
- Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios;
- Self-review your own work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
As a Cyber Security Junior Consultant the typical daily duties include
- Research cyber security information and statistics as required;
- Responsibility for executing day to day cyber security assurance and advisory work and reviews;
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients and your colleagues throughout fieldwork and social activities; and
- Supporting sales and business development processes by assisting in the preparation of proposals for new work.
- We're looking for someone who is seriously interested in the cyber security area, who wants to get first-hand experience in working in multiple industries with companies who need our help.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
S trong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams . However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained a 2.1 or above in a STEM degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here .
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will support you every step of the way both via on the job training as well as support for attaining industry professional certifications which will enhance your career in this field. This includes time off to complete courses. Your certifications is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will develop your expertise in cyber security as well as your business acumen to work with our clients to develop and implement pragmatic security solution. The experience gained will allow you to really understand how businesses across a range of sectors operate and manage cyber risk.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.