South East +2
Digitally transforming our future
On our Placement Scheme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
Where you could work
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T)
Industrial year locations: Bristol, Cheltenham, London
Degree requirements: On track to achieve a 2.2 Bachelor’s or above in Science, Math’s, Engineering, Legal Technology, Economics, Cyber Security, Electronics & Information or similar
ADS&T is the team that works across mission-critical industries to exploit cutting-edge advanced technology across aerospace and defence markets, helping clients respond innovatively to evolving external environments. We're maintaining our Defence sector's resilience, transforming aerospace, and keeping transport systems running safely. ADS&T work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace engineering and support our national defence programmes across all domains: land, sea, air, maritime and cyber.
The Cyber Security Team in Atkins are looking for ambitious, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in a career in Cyber Security. You’ll be responsible for supporting the Atkins core security operations capability which we deliver to our clients; covering service management; protective monitoring; vulnerability and maturity assessments / coordination; assurance, security change/risk management and incident response.
Acting with drive, passion and confidence, you’ll ensure seamless security operations are integrated into our client’s business operations, verifying the effectiveness of estate-wide security measures and effective response to security incidents. Understanding data security and architecture, you’ll help us deliver consistent security advice.
What you’ll be doing
Our placement scheme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential; you’ll:
- Work across a variety of projects across the Aerospace, Defence and Security sectors, constantly developing your skills and experience
- Become part of a team of trusted advisers to our customers, getting to understand their goals and delivering innovative solutions to meet their needs and business continuity goals
- Develop your technical skills to collaborate and innovate enabling our customers to maximise their potential and find better ways of working
- Seize every opportunity to develop personally and professionally in a strong team environment
- Enjoy collaborating within multidisciplinary teams on projects that make a real difference
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our placement scheme has been designed to give you an insight into what it’s like to work with us and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. Whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you’ll need?
- An appetite to learn and work in the Cyber Security domain gaining understanding of the concepts, applications, challenges and risks associated with Cyber Security and Data Management.
- An interest in developing as a Cyber Specialist gaining an understanding of many disciplines with the industry. e.g. Security Auditing, Information Risk Management and Security Architecture.
- A desire to apply your new technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make decisions.
- An understanding of a consultancy environment
- To embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- To be comfortable embracing agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being to include:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
In addition to the above, our top performing placement students (who’ve completed at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we’re able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Bristol, Cheltenham, London
South East, South West, Greater London