An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Analyst to cover our comercial lines portfolio team, in particular working in the MidCorp Portfolio Steering Team to focus on data development within the Engineering, Construction and Power (ECP) account and other MidCorp lines. You will contribute to the development, production and analysis of data, using appropriate data feeds to create actionable business insight to the ECP Team whilst leading the provision of important data items across all of the MidCorp accounts to provide the greatest depth of analysis and insight in reporting. You will provide recommendations and decisions to support the profitable management of the MidCorp lines of business.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Analysing data from multiple sources , applying data transformation techniques and data modelling concepts to structure data in a format required for BI tools.
- Working within a team of technical experts to support dashboard deliveries in an agile environment
- Taking proactive ownership of the analysis of data and provision of insight on current and emerging trends, both internal and external, that effect our insurance lines of business and results
- Owning the reporting and data analysis of the ECP Account and use this data to create actionable insight to the account team to consider implementing into the account strategy
- Provide appropriate data production and reporting, ensuring the portfolio mix is aligned with strategy and ensuring appropriate balance of growth and ultimate profitability is realised, resulting in achievement of Corporate Plan objectives
- Interpret and prepare data and information for the completion of the monthly results meetings identifying key areas of interest to highlight, reviewing account team feedback and creating proposals
- Support data production and quality assurance to ensure the core data sets are accurate and complete as appropriate including liaising with the regions to understand anomalies or key influences in results
- Grow an understanding of multiple commercial lines of business to be able to simplify reporting and cross pollinate ideas between account teams
- Create, develop and produce new reports, identifying emerging data needs as new pricing methodologies are embedded into the account
- Form a key part of project teams focussed on changes which affect our data assets and the technology and solutions which are deployed
Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical and data interpretation and manipulation skills, with the ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences and comment on the drivers of financial results
- Ability to prepare reports with a high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Expert knowledge of SQL and enterprise database tools and ecosystems
- Strong understanding of data architecture, with demonstrated experience in bridging business requirement and technical design & development
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as Alteryx
- Good knowledge of data modelling techniques
- Knowledge of BI tools such as MicroStrategy, Qlik or similar will be beneficial.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies in the growing data space
- Able to use initiative and approach challenges innovatively