What is the data & analytics practice?
Data and Analytics is a specialist business unit within Oliver Wyman, set up in 2017 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and has since expanded to Milan and Berlin. We are a dynamic, fast-growing team of quantitative analytics specialists. We work closely with our colleagues across Oliver Wyman to cover a global footprint: Working across multiple industries including but not limited to Financial Services, Insurance, Retail and Transportation.
Clients hire us for our analytical rigour with a relentless focus on client impact. The Newcastle team has grown to 40 people, with a mixture of quantitative expertise ranging from Analysts to Directors. We are looking for Entry Level Graduates looking to pursue a career in quantitative analytics. Specific quant experience is not required - working with us offers excellent career and growth opportunities for highly motivated individuals with relevant education in a quantitative subject.
We are passionate about developing our people and support your progression to Partner. We are looking for candidates who are excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment, focused on delivering impact.
Entry level analyst opportunity
This position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals. Initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project workstreams. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality execution
- The opportunity to obtain the training and guidance of a blue-chip consulting firm, while at the same time being part of an ambitious start up
- Flexible working and market leading work life balance will be a priority
- There will be opportunities to travel with a mix of around 50% of time spent on client site vs off site, though individual needs will be considered when staffing offsite vs. onsite roles
- Our Team will be offered in depth training, above and beyond what is typical for an Oliver Wyman consultant
- Deadline for applications is Wednesday 17 November 2021 and are made with via our website (www.oliverwyman.com/careers) by submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
Internship analyst opportunities
We are also recruiting for our Internship positions, which can vary between 3 – 6 months in length. Offering the same responsibilities as our Entry Level Analyst role, this internship allows the opportunity to have exposure to the type of work we do and our team culture. In your cover letter please specify the time period you would like to complete your Internship.
Deadline for applications is Thursday 11 March 2021 and are made with via our website by submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
What do you look for in applicants?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Ideally Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or, Engineering with strong quantitative applications
- Strong analysis, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team
- Be independent and work under limited supervision respecting defined timelines
- Be able to find innovative, practical and flexible solutions to business issue
- Present effectively results, potential issues and implications
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage a heavy work volume and meet deadlines in an extremely
- fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality
- Willingness to travel occasionally
How can I meet you before applying?
We are hosting a panel event on
Wednesday 10 November at 6pm – 7pm (GMT)