Why Data & Analytics?
At NatWest, our purpose is everything. It’s embedded in everything we do, every customer relationship, every download of our app, every support call. And it’s driven by our ambition to be a relationship bank for a digital world. Put simply, that means taking the best elements of meaningful, supportive personal relationships and combining them with innovative, intuitive, safe, smart, and data-led technology that transforms how customers interact with us, today and tomorrow and that’s where Data & Analytics comes in.
We are the team that will harness our customer data, in a safe and meaningful way to help make our customers’ lives easier.
In Data and Analytics we keep data at the heart of everything we do.
To ensure we are truly data-led, we’ll need to recruit more world-class Data Science and Engineering talent
Good data engineering helps us to get to grips with the data we have, and profile the key features that we can use to power our data science models. And in Data Science, we can apply statistics, computer science and problem-solving skills together with strong research methods to test, learn and optimise machine learning powered decisions.
Our world-class summer internship
Our Data & Analytics summer internship has been designed to give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
At the end of the placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our Data & Analytics graduate programme, where you can carry the skills you’ve learnt forward and take the next step in your career.
Over the course of this eight-week programme, you can look forward to:
- Learning about our culture, values and goals
- Attending training workshops and getting involved with our day-to-day work
- Understanding how we’re using data to drive improvements to our customer experiences
- Developing dashboards that analyse trends and communicating insights to make better data-driven decisions
- Gaining unique experience in areas like Climate, Hyper-personalisation, Financial Crime, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Risk and Data Management
- Getting hands-on with a range of cutting-edge tools and platforms
- Exploring your capability by taking part in a business improvement project
- Developing your collaboration, creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Seeing first-hand how we work together as one-bank to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £22,600 pro rata. If you join a team based in London, you’ll be awarded an additional allowance of £3,450 (pro-rata)
Plus, you can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Data & Analytics summer internship, you’ll need:
- To be in your penultimate year of university
- To be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- A passion for data and technology
- An appreciation of analysis techniques
- A creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Curiosity, integrity and determination
Ready to apply?
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!