This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are…?
For 130 years, MSD has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases in pursuit of our mission to save and improve lives. MSD is a trade name of Merck & Co., Inc., with headquarters in Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. We demonstrate our commitment to patients and population health by increasing access to health care through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships. Today, MSD continues to be at the forefront of research to prevent and treat diseases that threaten people and animals — including cancer, infectious diseases such as HIV and Ebola, and emerging animal diseases — as we aspire to be the premier research-intensive biopharmaceutical company in the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
The Data Operations and Systems team you’ll join is a valued strategic and executional partner who support the sales and marketing of all our products. We work closely with all areas of the business, delivering end-to-end integrated management of high-quality data, digital assets, operations and systems, enabling business capabilities that support effective customer engagement.
Moving into the Data Operations Lead role is a development opportunity, enabling the successful candidate to become a subject matter expert in data operations as well as providing a strong foundation for a successful career within the pharmaceutical industry.
You will be responsible for data operations stewardship of our UK systems and processes; collaborating with colleagues and internal business stakeholders, you will ensure new and existing functions deliver high quality data outputs in order to maximise business opportunities gained through customer knowledge and insight. You will develop documentation to support process understanding and provide training/assistance as required. You will also be responsible for ensuring data management procedures are in place and adhered to in line with country laws and company/industry regulations.
You will project manage, or support the project management of, new system and process initiatives. In addition, you will be the UK ‘Point Person’ for Google Analytics and Tagging/Taxonomy, providing support and guidance across the business functions.
- Point-of-Contact (POC) for all UK ‘Backend’ data processes and associated systems.
- Provide technical guidance, support and advice for Business initiatives.
- Document UK ‘Backend’ system processes to include process maps and user guidance.
- Ensure UK ‘Backend’ data processes are compliant with (General Data Protection Regulations) GDPR or local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Project manage/support the implementation/improvement of new or existing system and processes.
- Liaise with UK colleagues/business stakeholders and IT to maximise system and process opportunities. Develop a Plan of Action and manage implementation.
- Test new functions and processes to ensure operation is working as designed.
- POC for Google Analytics (GA)
- Provide guidance and training as required for business functions
- Develop opportunities available through GA tools and capabilities.
- POC for Tagging/Taxonomy
- Develop and implement Tagging/Taxonomy standardisation requirements to support Marketing Campaign tracking and reporting.
- Previous experience within the Pharmaceutical industry (desirable)
- Project management experience with examples of delivering initiatives from start to finish with clear goals and objectives
- Previous experience of using Google Analytics and associated tools (desirable)
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, e.g. simplifying/adapting technical processes to better inform business stakeholders
- Understanding of data protection and privacy laws (GDPR) (desirable)
- Ability to convert technical processes to business usable documentation and workflows
- Excellent analytics skills
- Ability to work through ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to liaise across IT, business functions and third parties
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity, anticipating problems and proposing solutions creatively with innovative ideas
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
120 Moorgate, London, UK, EC2M 6UR