Want to build yourself a legacy you’ll always be proud of? Our most innovative grad scheme yet is your chance to do just that. Intentionally designed to help you shape the fast-moving world of retail and e-commerce, it’s a masterclass in technical training, structured mentorship, and 360-feedback. Spanning 18-24 months, you’ll rotate around our business and different data science teams up to four times – each time learning new skills and gaining new experiences. It’s all about giving you exposure to a variety of projects and the talented people driving them – so you come to realise that there’s infinite ways to progress your career in M&S. If you’re ready to become an M&S Legend of Tomorrow, it’s time to begin.
Take your place in our Advanced Data Science team and you’ll find everything you need to begin shaping the world of retail – your way. From access to in-house development programmes, working closely with seasoned scientists and subject matter expertise on verity of advanced AI and machine learning projects, to external Data Science courses that’ll help you become an expert in your field, this is a springboard on to big things.
What stream will get you started?
AI and Machine Learning
Join the team designing, engineering and delivering the sophisticated machine learning models, e.g. AI in fashion, personalisation etc, that are making us more digitally enabled than ever before – and be a powerful force behind our award-winning business.
Statistics & econometrics
If statistical modelling is your thing, do you like to work with massive data sets to extract meaning patterns and identify new opportunity for the business, there’s no better place to be than in our decision science and experimentation teams with access to a lot of live experiments, e.g. A/B tests, casual inference and advanced analytics, visualisation etc.
- Successful completion of undergraduate-level courses in linear algebra, probability and calculus including vector calculus, whilst not essential we are interested in candidate who also have a master’s degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or other relevant fields.
- Successful completion of undergraduate-level courses in any of experimental design, statistical modelling, hypothesis testing or econometrics with a 2:1 or higher.
- Some experience and enjoyment of programming
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative and commercially oriented team
Nice to have
- Significant programming experience in any language
- Exposure to machine learning
Become an M&S Legend of Tomorrow. Apply today.