Debt Advisory Internship (6 - 12 months)
Founded in 2010, Marlborough Partners is the leading independent, pan-European debt advisory business and provides its services to European Private Equity firms and their portfolio companies as well as to non-sponsored corporate clients.
We provide expert capital markets and debt advisory solutions to our clients and lead, execute and deliver debt financings for them across all debt products and across the full ownership lifecycle. We achieve the best possible outcome for each of our clients by optimising and adapting the financing terms and conditions available in the market and tailoring them to our clients’ requirements, leveraging on our in-depth advisory and lending experience and a wealth of contacts in the European debt space.
We distinguish ourselves as a purely dedicated debt advisory firm and we are the most experienced and qualified team in Europe. We have completed more than 250 debt financing and refinancing advisory mandates across multiple European jurisdictions and sectors (30+ transactions completed every year since 2015).
Our team is comprised of 24 debt advisory specialists across 4 offices in Western Europe (London, Paris, Madrid and Frankfurt).
Recent transactions have been completed with clients including Equistone, Marlin Equity Partners, HIG Capital, Investcorp, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Exponent Private Equity, CDPQ and Oaktree.
Location – 21 Sackville Street, Mayfair, London W1S 3DN
Salary – Competitive
Start Date – January 2022 or July 2022 for 6 months minimum. Alternative start dates can be considered
Interns will be fully onboarded on ongoing live mandates and granted a significant degree of exposure and responsibility, contributing to day-to-day execution alongside the wider deal teams. Responsibilities will specifically include (amongst others):
- Participation in the origination and execution of advisory mandates
- Process management
- Financial modelling
- Due diligence materials review and analysis
- Preparation of marketing materials for live deals
- Preparation of pitches for live mandates
The internship is designed for final year undergraduate students or recent graduates from top tier universities and business schools. Prior experience in debt advisory, leveraged finance, transaction services, private equity or M&A at top tier boutiques or investment banks will be viewed favourably.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate flexibility and strong commitment to the team
- Strong and genuine interest in the private equity and private debt markets and willingness to follow a career path in this space in the medium term
- Solid credit analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance principles
- Superior analytical, modelling, writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and ideally another European language
- Excellent MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
Successful interns will be considered for full-time positions at the end of the programme.
21 Sackville Street, Mayfair, London W1S 3DN