Our client is a unique firm that sits at the intersection of Financial Services, Consulting and Executive Search. The firm specialises exclusively within the Private Equity market – helping private equity funds within the Financial Services, Digital, Business Services, Consumer and Industrial sectors to evaluate forthcoming deals and ultimately to recruit the best senior management teams for their investee companies. They also help their clients appraise potential investment opportunities using their sector knowledge and insight. Their industry management team relationships are at Chairman, CEO and CFO levels and the business has a track record of working on several thousand leveraged buyout assignments with clients including Apax, Permira, Goldman, Cinven, Bridgepoint, HgCapital, Alchemy, Hermes and Close Brothers. They have 90 people in four international offices in London, Paris, Munich and New York. Our client is looking to hire an Associate to join their Head office in London.
- Europe’s No 1 independent Private Equity Executive Search and Consultancy firm
- Exposure to global Private Equity live deals within the Financial Services, Digital, Business Services, Consumer and Industrial sectors
- Clients include the top 20 Private Equity funds globally
- Highly competitive remuneration: Packages match or exceed levels in other professional services firms
- Significant investment in training: The Associate will participate in an induction programme, attend dedicated training days throughout the year and be mentored by the sector team leaders
- Global exchanges: The Associate will have regular opportunities to visit and work in different offices
- Work one-on-one with a leading Partner
- Guaranteed client exposure
- Mentoring and strong career development
- Innovative and entrepreneurial firm
You will have a degree and at least 1 year experience in a consultancy and strategic role within a corporate, executive search or a professional services environment. You will have excellent consultancy, research, analysis and business development skills and previous private equity exposure would be an excellent addition.
An Associate will play a key role in supporting the Financial Services, CFO, Digital, Business Services, Consumer or Industrial sector team on both pre- and post-deal Private Equity engagements. This will involve helping Private Equity funds to map and understand the most active sub-sectors, to evaluate target companies and to find suitable alternative leadership teams who can be appointed to grow or turn around a company.
The role offers a unique opportunity to become an expert on the dynamics of a specific sector and the Private Equity industry, with a high level of direct exposure to the leaders of some of the top companies in Europe. They expect their staff to build a thorough understanding of Private Equity deals and the different structures and strategies that affect both fund and management returns, and they give their people significant independence and responsibility.
On a day-to-day basis the Associate will be involved in:
- Working on specific assignments for funds – for example, finding advisors to validate an asset pre-acquisition or -identifying a new CEO for one of their portfolio companies
- Helping to monitor and track your sector team’s Private Equity deals in Europe
- Mapping all the active Private Equity funds in the sector and keeping abreast of their investment priorities
- Researching companies within Financial Services, CFO, Digital, Business Services, Consumer or the Industrial sector to identify potential acquisition targets and world-class executives with whom our client can build relationships
- Preparing analytical reports to brief clients on progress and attending meetings with senior team members
- Assisting senior team members with networking with leading executives and board members in the Financial Services, CFO, Digital, Business Services, Consumer or Industrial sector
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!