Our client is the world’s largest executive search, assessment and consultancy business turning over £1bn in revenue. They align talent and organisational strategies with their unique expertise within multiple areas. These include Leadership Assessment and Succession Planning, by closing the gap between the organisations talent. Talent Acquisition, by finding the right candidates for businesses. Leadership Development, by supporting leaders at every level and building Integrated Rewards Programs that are in sync with a firm’s strategy. For over 40 years the firm has been a major presence in the consultancy and professional services space, executing projects for some of the largest companies worldwide including many of the FTSE 100.
The firm is presently looking for talented and ambitious Associates / Senior Associates to join their very successful Financial Services practice. You will have the opportunity to work on Asset Management, Alternative Investment, Retail Banking, Capital Markets and Fintech projects.
- The largest and most global executive search, leadership assessment and consulting business. They offer the opportunity to work on truly international projects within an extremely integrated structure
- Very collaborative culture across the whole of the business encompassing an open plan London office and a flat structure
- Unique training and development opportunities which offer more breadth in expertise; internal and external training facilities on executive search, leadership assessment and consultancy. They offer strong peer support, mentoring and on-boarding programmes
- Excellent career progression path to partner level with a proven track record of developing and progressing people internally
- The most established leadership consultancy and assessment practice globally
- Extremely successful Financial Services practice with clear room for an associate to progress into a consultant role. Option to work with multiple senior partners internationally
- Project ownership and exposure to the most senior executives within blue chip firms
You will have at least 2 years work experience within a corporate environment. This may be within Professional Services including Financial Services, executive search or recruitment consultancy. Your role will have encompassed project management, research, consultancy and/or advisory. The role requires problem-solving skills, an international and collaborative mind-set, a high level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity. You will have excellent research and analytical skills and possess strong business acumen. You will have a genuine interest in people and possess exceptional communication skills. You will be an ambitious, collaborative and team orientated individual.
The Financial Services research/ senior research associate responsibilities will include;
- Providing synthesised analysis and insights of markets, competitors and compensation to produce comprehensive written research reports into the Financial Services sub-sectors including Asset Management, Alternative Investments, Retail Banking, Capital Markets and Fintech
- Using external and corporate library resources and off and online databases for gathering data on potential candidates/clients and general industry information
- Identifying target companies, individuals and relevant information for the assignment within the Asset Management, Alternative Investments, Retail Banking, Capital Markets and Fintech sectors
- Networking via the telephone with sources and candidates to gain feedback on the role along with tracking news on activities and developments within Financial Services
- Attending client meetings and progress report discussions
- Lead the identification, qualification and communication with candidates during the project and inform the partners on their progress
- Seek out and highlight potential business development opportunities
- Report writing for clients; ensuring high quality presentation material
- Become an expert in the Financial Services sector (and sub-sectors), acquiring a deep understanding of the dynamics of the market and a comprehensive knowledge of the key executives
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!