Design Management Graduate Trainee Programme - Smartspace (Warrington)
Apply by: 28.11.2021
The Wates Group was established in 1897 and is one of the leading privately owned construction, development and property services companies in the UK. We employ almost 4.000 people, working with a range of clients and partners from across the public and private sectors At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Our Smartspace Business
Our Smartspace business delivers high-quality fit-out, refurbishment and maintenance services, developing smart solutions to optimise the performance of our customers operating environments. We deliver a variety of projects including commercial offices, broadcasters, retail, airports, developers, banks, distribution centres and public sector premises.
The base location for this role is Warrington, however, you will be required to travel to and/or work at locations within the Smartspace region should the business require.
Do you enjoy problem solving? Would you like to work with a range of different people and stakeholders including Architects, Engineers, Consultant Quantity Surveyors and Subcontractors? Then our Design Management Trainee Programme may be the pathway for you.
The Design Management team review and analyse complex information to ensure the design of a project incorporates buildability, programme sequence and encourages best practice health and safety.
As a Wates Design Management Trainee, you will be involved in assisting with:
- Ensuring the company manages the process of design to reduce risk and maximize return.
- Maintaining relationships with clients, designers, subcontractors and suppliers, through a fair and professional approach when managing design and related matters
- Safeguarding the contractual position of Wates in respect of such matters as progress of the works, design responsibility and our contractual obligations to sub- contractors regarding design responsibility.
- Provide sound design, progress and dashboard information to your line manager and other functions as well as support in the preparation of reports regarding design consultant performance.
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you throughout the program to Chartership
- Competitive industry salary and benefits package
- You will complete several rotations within the business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our Construction business
- Effective interpersonal and organisation skills
- Motivated to manage and drive own development
- Ability to work within a team and participate in all required activities
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills
- Identify opportunities to improve design approach to project delivery
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2022, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 28th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you allow enough time to complete your application before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered.
Assessment centres will take place in at the start of 2022.