Developments Management Graduate Trainee Programme – Wates Developments (Leatherhead)
Developments Management Graduate Programme – Wates Developments - Leatherhead
The Wates Group was established in 1897 and is one of the leading privately owned construction, development and property services companies in the UK. We employ almost 4.000 people, working with a range of clients and partners from across the public and private sectors At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Developments specialises in land, planning and residential development throughout Southern England. Our financial strength, corporate stability and commitment to what we do make us a strong and attractive partner or purchaser for both landowners and developers alike.
Our business holds a large and growing portfolio of potential residential development land and our team focuses on securing valuable planning consents in sustainable locations, in both town and country where it is needed most.
The base location for this role is Leatherhead, however you will be required to travel to and/or work at locations within the Wates Developments region should the business require.
To work within the Developments team will involve assisting the Projects and Land team in the appraisal, management, purchase and disposal of land in line with the Wates Business Plan. You will build a good knowledge and understanding of the Wates Business and develop strong people and communication skills, as well as:
- Understanding budgets, forecast and business plan
- Interact and network by attending landowner, agent, professional and local authority meetings
- Developing a basic understanding of Wates Group SHE policies and best practice relevant to Wates Developments
- Working towards becoming a subject matter expert in the field of politics, localism, and issues surrounding land & planning
- Reviewing sites that sit within the property portfolio and identify those sites with development potential.
- Build relationships and establish regular contact with planning and other built environment professionals
- Provide support with different types of land deals with particular emphasis on option agreements, unconditional contracts and legal documents associated with House Building Joint Ventures (HBJV).
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you throughout the program to Chartership
- Competitive industry salary and benefits package
- You will undertake a number of placements within our business unit to ensure you get a full breadth experience
- You will receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You will receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
If your degree is in a non-construction related subject, you will also complete a higher apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This is in addition to the structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training.
What we're looking for
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet defined deadlines
- The ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Eagerness to learn with a keen eye for detail and the ability to proof-read documents
- Strong customer focus and the ability to tailor requirements to their wants and needs
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving licence by September 2022, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 28th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you allow enough time to complete your application before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered.
Assessment centres will take place in at the start of 2022.