Yorkshire and the Humber
Hit the ground running on this accelerated learning programme. Take a hands-on approach using agile methodologies. Work alongside experts in our DevOps team and make sure we stay ahead of the game.
Join the teams that built Sky Mobile, NOW and Sky Q. Create products used by millions. Take the lead on challenging and exciting projects. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. With the support of a leading software delivery team, create high-quality, testable products designed to bring customers more of what they love. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
On our DevOps programme you’ll create the best environments for our technology projects. Make sure our products remain available once they’re deployed to production. Be involved in scaling our applications. Find yourself in Group Product, Reliability Engineering or Enterprise Engineering, working on a wide range of technology projects across our business.
You’ll learn a lot in seven months. Spend your first four weeks understanding reliability engineering principles and learning what it takes to be a DevOps Engineer. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll move one of our reliability engineering teams, which provides a variety of support and deployment activities to our Development, Quality Assurance and Release Management teams. Here you’ll help reduce costs, improve products, enhance service availability, tighten security, and boost our growth. Top quality is always a priority as you deliver effective, innovative software.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Providing and configuring the environments that our developers will use to create our software products
- Be involved in scaling applications and products when popularity increases or where user demands peak expectations
- Ensuring our deployed products remain available, reliable and diagnose issues when they occur
- Work in an iterative way using Agile delivery principles.
- These roles are based in Leeds
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start is July 2022.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Able to develop scripted software i.e. Shell/Bash scripting
- Familiar with pipeline automation and deployment frameworks such as Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, and VMware automation
- Comfortable using cloud-related technologies
- Aware of Agile methodologies
- Have passion for software and technology.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Yorkshire and the Humber