GTI is seeking a digital content editor to work across graduate career websites, publications and online tools, including targetjobs.co.uk. You will be a data-driven, digital-first editor, joining a mission-critical team working in a fast-paced environment, where we are focused on creating a strong and positive experience for users across our platforms. If you are looking to get started in the world of digital content, or if you have existing experience, a creative eye, attention to detail, and the opportunity to work for a mission-led business that empowers future generations to reach their potential, then we’d love to hear from you
What does GTI Futures do?
GTI creates career products: online platforms, tools, research and publications. In addition to our website targetjobs.co.uk, you may have seen our targetjobs publications or the UK 300 on campus . We also support universities to help students through the targetconnect platform and connect job-hunting graduates with employers that are hiring – not only through resources such as the targetjobs website, but also through GTI Recruiting Solutions (which undertakes recruitment on behalf of hiring companies).
What will I do? Job responsibilities and outcomes
Sitting within our digital content team, you will become a website expert, developing and evolving the best practice in content creation across careers advice, industry sectors and student and client engagement.
- On top of writing, editing, researching, copy editing and proofreading our trademark in-depth features, blogs, infographics, social media copy, quizzes and online tools and video scripts, you’ll also be responsible for making sure that users can find our market-leading content via intelligent promotion and branding. You will work closely with teams across the business including marketing, product and customer success to ensure that our advice and services are impactful and have the right marketing messages, images and media to ensure success across multi-channel campaigns and to drive traffic and engagement.
- You will understand content both from a reader perspective, ensuring that content is engaging to read, as well as providing support to increase company insights and user engagement.
- You’ll be able to build on this knowledge to take your understanding of content further, engaging with the principles of UI/UX (user experience) design, digital marketing and product development, working closely with the associated teams within the business.
- You will maintain content to ensure it is all up-to-date, factually accurate and in line with the marketing plan, content plan, campaign schedules, digital best practices, brand and editorial guidelines and SEO (search engine optimisation) strategy.
- You will be able to use analytics effectively to make data-driven decisions to optimise online content.
- You will conducting regular reviews of content performance, driven by the data behind the website and SEO, as well as communicating these findings in team and company meetings
- You will attend client meetings to pitch article ideas and provide sector and editorial expertise to help clients engage with their audience and drive applications.
- You will interview industry professionals, recently employed graduates and graduate recruiters to present their unique knowledge in the most digestible fashion for users.
- You may host or participate in advice-led webinars and videos.
- You will manage your own time and juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- You will also provide some administrative support where needed.
You’ll receive plenty of support from experienced team members to help you with these tasks.
What is GTI looking for?
You must be:
- Tech savvy
- Keen to develop knowledge of SEO, web analytics and the other data metrics associated with online
- Passionate about content marketing and digital best practices, trends and developments
- Accurate, with spelling and grammar, as well as have excellent attention to detail
- Organised and persistent
- Confident enough to pick up the phone or go on screen and interview contributors
- Ready to tackle a fast-paced environment and able to keep a cool head under pressure
- Self-aware – so you know when to ask for help
- A great communicator and team player, able to build good relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the business
- Able to think on your feet and take the initiative.
- Be able to complete in-depth, detailed desk research and summarise your findings clearly
- Be able to use a CMS
- Write good, plain, concise English
- Have high standards of spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Be able to interpret data
- Have a professional manner Experience :
We would ideally like to you have some experience that relates to writing, editing and social media.
Where will I be based?
You’ll join a tiny but mighty team of content creators and the role will involve spending some proportion of time in our office and some time working from home – we currently come in once a fortnight, but come in more frequently when the business requires it. Our office is in Howbery Business Park, on the outskirts of Wallingford, 10 miles from Oxford and 13 miles from Reading; the office has a pool table and a bar, and there is a subsidised canteen on the business park. There is free on-site parking. There are also bus services from both Oxford and Reading to the office.
What hours will I work?
Normal working hours are 9.00 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
What training will I receive?
In your first few weeks you’ll be busy attending formal training sessions on topics relating content creation and SEO. These will be delivered in-house by experienced editors. Thereafter you’ll learn largely on the job through discussing and receiving feedback on your work.
When will I start work?
We are looking for candidates who are available to start work as soon as possible. The precise start date is negotiable.
Ready to apply?
Please submit a CV, covering letter and a writing sample. Your writing sample could be a piece written for publication or a personal piece of writing, but please don’t send an academic essay or a piece of creative writing. The next stages of the process will be a phone or Teams interview, followed by a second interview that could be in person or held over Teams depending on your preference.
We recommend you take a look at our CV and covering letter advice before applying: https://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advice/cvs-applications-and-tests