Our Technology and Digital team provide services that underpin every area of the global Fidelity business. Through the development and support of business applications, the Technology and Digital team enable functions from investment, revenue and finance to operations, compliance, legal, marketing, and customer services to work effectively.
Beyond this, we provide infrastructure services to enable the efficient operation of our business including data centres, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
Join us for the Insights into Industrial Placements on 26 October to meet the team and find out more about our opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
We don’t expect you to come straight in and know everything about what we do.
As an industrial placement student, and whatever you’re studying, we’ll help make sure you get the most out of your time with us.
We’ll have opportunities available in the following teams:
Visual/UX Designer, or Front-End Developer
The Global Design Standards & Practice team provide the framework, tools, training, and quality control to create a strong and consistent digital expression of the Fidelity brand.
In your role you’ll:
- Support the team to implement new standards, support global best practice and ensure brand consistency, whilst supporting the drive for efficiency and reuse
- Gather requirements, build design or code prototypes, validate them with users across the business and contribute our documentation
- Learn how to create standards and practices and also how to promote and implement standards and practices
Working alongside the Digital Experience team, you’ll:
- Create and implement user journeys and screens for internal systems and tools
- Create graphic designs and digital experiences to be used internally and externally
- Flex your stakeholder management skills, gathering requirements, feeding back insights and completing associated tasks.
- Develop your skillset and experience across several design areas (UX, UI and graphic design) through tools such as Adobe Suite, InVision and Ceros.
- Learn how to facilitate user testing sessions
- Learn how to engage effectively with the team and stakeholders across the business
What we look for:
You’ll be self-motivated, curious and enthusiastic about Digital Design, joining us at Fidelity and developing your commercial acumen whilst making use of the training and mentorship available.
The work you’ll be doing requires problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to build and develop relationships with our global colleagues and internal stakeholders across a variety of business areas.
We welcome applications from students from ALL degree backgrounds. If you’re inquisitive and ambitious, a placement at Fidelity is a great opportunity to discover whether this kind of work is for you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to:
- Have experience in UX, UI, graphic design or front-end development
- Be studying for a Bachelor or Masters degree, graduating in 2024
- Have right to work in the UK at point of application. If you are currently on a Tier 4 / Student Visa, this means you have the right to work in the UK
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Training and Development
You’ll start the placement with a mini induction, during which we’ll introduce you to investment management and how it fits into the City. After that, there are many more ways to develop your skills as your placement progresses including completing of Unit 1 of the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
A series of ‘lunch and learns’ hosted by key business speakers will give you a first-hand, genuine insight and help you find out about the full scope of our business.
Social and networking events will help you get to know our people and culture. All the while you’ll be learning on the job, working to clear goals and understanding your own potential.
During your time with us you’ll get to learn even more about what you enjoy, what you’re great at, and how to choose a career path that suits you. Our placement programme may even lead to a place on our 2024 graduate scheme if that’s what you’re looking for.
How to Apply
Please submit your application, including CV by Friday 17 December 2021 at 5pm
We’ve worked hard to ensure our new process is fast and efficient. That means our application deadline is not about just ‘getting your foot’ in the door by the deadline, you need to apply, pass two online strengths-based assessments by then too.
All assessment centres will take place January / February.