Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Programme – Digital Engineering
Education required: BSc degree in Engineering, Data science or related field with interest in automation, robotics, software, cyber security and data science. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021.
Start date: September 2021 or before
- Willing to move between sites and relocate domestically
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Digital Engineering
Are you a capable engineering graduate ready to use your skills and knowledge (coupled with the latest technology and processes) to help us deliver billions of packs of medicines to our patients every year? If so, there’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
Develop your career
Our Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have up to three stretching rotations within our Biopharm and / or Respiratory manufacturing sites in one or more Digital disciplines including Automation, Cyber and Data Science
As you work, you’ll improve your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership expertise. Meanwhile, you’ll be meeting senior leaders, networking with diverse graduates and enjoying the support of a technical mentor and a generous personal training budget. It all adds up to a programme that’s designed to transform talented graduates into key, senior figures.
What will you do?
Gain a broad understanding of our automation, cyber and data analytics systems.
Rotations may include:
- Project managing the introduction of new digital technologies - from design to test and commission.
- Automation Optimizing the performance of our manufacturing control systems. Delivering automation projects such as new robotic systems - ensuring compliance with pharmaceutical and regulatory standards.
- Data Science: Working on data analytics and machine learning projects - using your skills and knowledge to transform our business – from manufacturing lead times to cost of goods, from quality analysis to planning & scheduling – there are a wealth of opportunities to make a difference.
- Cyber security – identifying and mitigating potential risks and vulnerabilities
- A relevant degree and be keen to learn.
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant experience in the area to which they’re applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already worked in a professional role in your sector, you’re welcome to apply, but you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses.
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!