As a Digital Systems Engineer at BAE, a pioneering innovator in the defence sector, you will be working with cutting edge technologies and concepts. This role is a highly visible position, engaging with stakeholders across the business and all seniorities
• You will gain experience of working with digital technologies e.g. cloud computing, AR/VR, mobile devices, voice recognition, robotics, 3D printing, CAD and simulation etc.
• Be involved with professional organisations/institutions, conferences or events aligned with the above technologies or technological themes
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
• Provide broad-based engineering support for the delivery of coherent digital innovation strategy across Maritime Services and the Maritime Sector.
• Supports digital innovation project and activities, using skills, experience and developing networks to create solutions rapidly (not expected to always be the technical expert).
• Become an ambassador for digital transformation within BAE Systems and relevant external bodies, supporting an innovative approach to opportunity identification and problem solving.
• Be proactive in research and further learning in relevant fields, including conferences and webinars, to add to BAE’s overall knowledge base.
• Participate in Personal Innovation Exploration (PIE) - personal creation and ownership of a “side project” of your choosing, delivering advice based on the research area of choice (2 days /month
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that motivates rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.