£25,000 - £30,000
Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow.
The Programme Overview:
With the option to work towards a fully funded MSc master's degree in IT after your first year on the programme, our UK nationwide Digital and Technology Graduate Programme is all about developing business leaders of the future of our Information Technology teams.
As a Digital and Technology Graduate at DHL Supply Chain, you will get the opportunity to work alongside our experts who combine industry-leading systems to provide world-class IT solutions that support our customers supply chain management.
Logistics is more than getting the product from A to B. At DHL supply chain we combine management and value-added services with our customised, integrated logistics solutions which drives resilience, efficiency, improves quality and creates competitive advantage. IT is the nervous system of Supply Chain – we connect different parts of our organisation with each other and to customers, translating business needs into solutions across the globe.
Our aim is to attract digital minded leaders for now and in the future.
- Involvement in the modernisation of Warehouse Management systems or Transport Management systems across our varied portfolio of customers – here you will learn how to implement and test a new system and how systems connect with each other.
- Project management – you will be taught the skills and be given the ability to play an active part in the project delivery for an IT change project.
- Be part of our innovation and digitalisation agenda – including the implementation and refresh of new software and hardware solutions.
- Help us pave the way to enhance customer and employee experiences and improve operational performance.
- You will have the opportunity to support in the introduction of a digitalisation product in one of our operations, the implementation of Robotic process automation initiatives (RPA) and connecting our sites to digital solutions.
- You will have visibility of how we plan, build, design and implement IT solutions to meet our customer demands and requirements
- Support a go live – you will get to be involved from the get-go! From planning through to getting the product out the door. Giving you exposure of how the operation, functional teams (IT, HR, finance etc) and the customer all work together and truly learn our business.
- Exposure to and support of continuous improvement initiatives within our BI / data analytical space.
- You will also get to take on the day-to-day tasks of customer and IT site management, including:
- Maintain and build direct relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Gain IT product knowledge with the potential to become an SME in this field.
- Provide IT support and service management to sites / operations.
- Support business process mapping and continuous improvement initiatives linked closely to the IT Roadmap.
- IT Change management.
- Training and documentation – define the need for and then support the creation and maintenance of required IT documentation and training support.
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.
What will the programme look like?
- 24 -month structured Programme (2 x 12-month placements).
- Placements will differ being based at site or central IT team.
- Early accountability and fast progression.
- Support towards a MSc Digital & Technology Specialist Masters qualification.
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments.
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan.
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions.
- Give back to the community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
Required Personal Qualities:
- We do not require a technical background and/or qualification in IT, but you should have a desire to progress within this discipline.
- An interest in the projects and implementation of information technology solutions.
- A desire to be a People Manager and to guide teams of people through the day-to-day business.
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme).
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required.
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Must be fluent in English.
- No minimum degree grade.
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary and grade increase throughout and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Starting Salary: £29,000 per annum.
Working Week: 37.5 hrs a week. Monday – Friday, 9am-5:30pm.
Want to know more? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear more about the Digital and Technology programme, meet our graduates and ask any more questions you have.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
The Experience day for this programme will take place on the 12th March 2024, in person in Birmingham
£25,000 - £30,000