Do you have the desire to develop your expertise while delivering high impact research and scientific services to help protect the UK from current and future terrorist and security threats?
Working for the Ministry of Defence, the Home Office and Other Government Departments, the CTS Division supports ground breaking research into science and technology, providing unique services responding to urgent operational requirements thereby ensuring the UK retains an operational advantage.
We are responsible for ensuring the government has up-to-date skills and capabilities to understand and defeat terrorist threats. We provide the UK expertise in a spectrum of engineering and scientific fields and you’ll be working at the forefront of defence and security research and innovation, a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment.
• Work within a complementary team of specialists to deliver scientific, analytical and engineering solutions
• Collaborate, nationally and internationally, on field trials and in laboratory testing, to support the delivery of scientific evidence
• Develop broad networks across the world with external partners, academic institutes and government departments
• Drive your career, with great opportunities to gain new skills and qualifications, work with field-leading experts and ensure your working life is never boring.
We have opportunities with the Electronic Countermeasures Group
Specialising in electronic warfare capabilities, we contribute towards military, systems development and evaluation, as well as a broad range of ground-breaking research activities including:
• Electronics design and component level testing
• Radio Frequency test and measurement
• Antenna design and development and In-depth signal processing activities
• EMC testing
• Software defined Radio / FPGA system development
• Military systems integration and relevant networks and protocols.
We will embed you into a diverse team of deep technical specialists from multidisciplinary backgrounds. You will work with other team members, project managers and students in delivering an array of projects.
Where you will be based:
This placement will be based at Dstl Fort Halstead, Sevenoaks, but there will be opportunities to travel to other Dstl sites, customers, off site trials, conferences and to external partners.
We are looking for someone who has:
Good standard of Mathematics, English and working towards a degree (or equivalent) in:
• • Electronic or Electrical Engineering
• Systems Engineering
• Communications Engineering
• Software Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Computer Science
You will also be expected to demonstrate:
• Strong IT skills
• A flexible, adaptable and inquisitive approach to work.
With some knowledge of the role of defence, security and policing when you begin, we'll expect you to develop an understanding of the UK’s Armed Forces and Security community and their challenges.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
- Developing Self and Others
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- What 3 technical areas are you most interested in and why?
- Why do you want to work with dstl? and what do you hope to gain from a placement with us?
• Flexible working
• Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
• Chartership and accreditation support
• Generous annual leave
• A competitive salary
• Excellent learning and development
• Onsite gyms and restaurants
• Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!