East of England
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
What you’ll discover:
- 10-week immersive learning program with global cohort to kick-start your Engineer career
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
- Global IT Organization which collaborates across U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia, click here to learn more
- Flexible hybrid working environment
- Ample opportunity for growth and exploration into the different areas of IT
What you’ll do:
As an Engineer in our Early in Career program, you will begin with a global cohort to expand your own technical capabilities — providing you with the tools to kick-start your career as an Engineer.
You will begin with a 10-week immersive learning program and will be provided with multiple learning experiences from digital learning, hands-on application, and group projects. From the start, you will receive targeted coaching and guidance from your trainers, Manager, and technology mentor. The first portion of your immersive learning program will focus on getting you up to speed working within TJX IT and the latter portion will be focused around exposing you to the software engineer lifecycle as it relates to TJX.
Depending on your interests, expertise and our business need, we’ll invite you to focus on one of several possible pathways:
- Platform Engineering
- Data and Automation Solutions
- Security Engineering
- Software Development
- Product Configuration
After your 10-week immersive learning program, the possibilities are endless! Depending on your skills, preferences and business need, you might directly join one of our ‘product teams’, or we might place you with a 6-month long ‘incubator’ designed to build your expertise in a structured environment, while solving real business problems.
You may be asked to:
- Collaborate with experienced technology engineers and specialists in an Agile environment to identify innovative technology solutions for all aspects of our global business
- Build innovative technology solutions that make our platforms even better
- Design, code and/or test solutions
- Partner with Global IT organization across U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia
- Learn about TJX’s business and technologies
- Review and evolve current processes
- Work autonomously and collaborate in groups to tackle challenges, advance projects, and complete assignments
- Participate in cross functional group projects
- Present solutions and share your work throughout the organization
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for talented individuals to join us here at TJX whether you are looking for a career change, have recently graduated / soon-to-be graduated!
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical area (recently or soon-to-be completed; Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics or related Stem Degree
- Genuine interest in an Engineering career at TJX
Additional qualifications include:
- Self-starters who possess the ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Problem solvers who can think analytically and creatively
- Can work autonomously and collaborate as part of a team
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Leadership abilities and good work ethic
- Those who can think in “Agile Mindset”—flexible, change adept, willingness to learn
What to expect from our interview process:
- Psychometric testing (Talent Hub)
- Virtual one-way interview (HireVue)
- Coding assessment (Coderbyte)
- Assessment day
- Potential offer to join TJX and Welcome to the TJX Family!
Start dates – June or September 2022.
East of England