About the programme
The maintenance of the Royal Navy’s ships and submarines is fundamental to its ability to defend our nation and its interests.
On this programme, based within the Facilities Engineering design team, you will learn how Devonport’s facilities and systems directly support the maintenance of these critical assets, along with all the vital electrical infrastructure that supports the ongoing operation of a nuclear dockyard and naval accommodation base.
You will also develop a deep understanding of electrical principles for designing, commissioning, and maintaining electrical systems.
Electrical/Electronic Design Engineering at Babcock
As part of the Facilities Engineering Technical Authority for Electrical Systems at Devonport Royal Dockyard, you’ll be part of a team that has vast experience in Electrical Control and Instrumentation Systems, HV/LV Electrical Power Distribution Networks and Electrical Building Services.
In this role, you will provide technical support to the ongoing operation and maintenance of existing electrical infrastructure and also, undertake the design of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
This opportunity provides technical development, design engineering development and use of state-of-the-art CAD tools and electrical design software packages (such as ETAP, Amtech, Dialux/Relux and others).
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree or a BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels - GOV.UK. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.