Spend 9 weeks working on a real project with real responsibilities and give yourself a great head start in your career.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of Centrica's Recruitment Policy
At Centrica, we want to attract a broad range of talent which reflects our customers in all their diversity. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals regardless of [for example] age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religions and/or beliefs. To read more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, please see Our Culture page.
What you'll be doing
Centrica has a clear vision to be a leader in the decarbonised, decentralised energy system. The transition from fossil fuels to low carbon and renewable energy sources is one of the most pressing and complex challenges facing mankind, and Engineers are central to its success.
At Centrica, we need committed, enthusiastic Engineers to help us in our journey. Our award winning Summer Placement programme will give you the opportunity to work in a real life environment on meaningful projects, and it will give us a chance to see the real you.
You will get first-hand experience in technical engineering, developing, designing, testing and electrical systems, including rotating machines, power electronics and energy storage systems across a variety of technologies.
You will be working from day one as part of a team and we have high expectations of our summer placements.
So, there will be plenty to get your teeth into and it will take a lot of hard work and initiative on your part. In return you’ll get to develop career-boosting skills and could earn yourself a place on our 2023 Graduate programme if you really stand out from the crowd.
What you'll need
We’re looking for penultimate-year MEng students or final-year BEng students who are planning on completing an MEng. You must be:
- Expecting 1st or 2:1 Master’s degree in a suitable electronics/control and instrumentation (or closely related) engineering discipline, accredited by the relevant engineering institution
- A passionate and creative Engineer who can deliver solutions within tight timeframes and implement them safely and successfully
- In possession of a full UK driving licence, as you may be required to travel to remote locations
- Free to start your internship on 21st June 2022
- Looking to start your Graduate career in 2023
Windsor Flexible home working over duration and accommodation will be provided when required