We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. We believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
About the placement opportunity:
Our Informatics organization is co-creating a better future for patients through technology and information. We are an agile organization that brings together great people who are passionate about technology innovation, and who thrive in dynamic, multi-functional, and purposeful teams.
Our agile organization is made up of structures called Domains and Chapters. Domains consist of Product Lines and Products that enable both foundational technology capabilities and engagement/co-creation with business teams. Our “Chapters” are centres of expertise of deeply skilled people deployed for maximum impact. These teams work together to deliver outstanding value to our business, patients, and customers.
As an Industrial Placement student in the Site Experience & Digital Workplace Chapter, you will be a part of a team that delivers great employee experiences when our employees interact with our technology solutions and workplace. You will contribute to the implementation and introduction of new technology and services to our workplace and the digital marketing and change management campaigns to ensure high adoption of these new services. In this role you will develop a broad set of skills in IT support, service management, project management and change management just to name a few.
You bring a passion for providing great employee experiences and use this passion to review our current technology and services and drive continuous improvement!
What you could be working on
Delivering reliable innovative and employee focused technology services to enable Roche’s commitment to patients.
- You could contribute to the introduction of a variety of innovative technology and digital services to our workplace, bringing a new perspective to the way we design and deliver technology solutions not just locally but potentially globally.
- You could be involved in analysing business requirements and choosing solutions to our challenges, deploying solutions and contributing to the marketing and change management campaigns to ensure high adoption of the new services and tools being introduced.
- You will contribute to analysing data to ensure that our existing solutions have high happiness levels and are operating optimally and using this data to prioritise any future continuous improvement activities.
- You will contribute to our employees maximising value from our existing technology solutions especially our collaboration tools via providing consultancy, crafting and delivering training programs, educational materials and marketing campaigns. You will do this with impactful and engaging awareness campaigns, using various media platforms and creative writing and storytelling techniques.
- You will help our team provide first class employee experiences through technical support in our employee experience centre. Educating and upskilling our colleagues, so they make the best use of our existing solutions or new solutions being deployed.
Purpose - our focus on this first stage is to understand why you have applied for this role and what you will bring to the role to ensure team and personal success.
- Cover letter & CV
- Video interview
As part of your cover letter, Roche is keen to understand your motivation in applying for this position. You should, therefore, provide responses to the following:
- Why Roche: What do you know about Roche and why do you want to work here?
- Why you: If you had to choose a single example or achievement in your life, that you feel would make you suitable for this role, what would it be and why?
Your cover letter should not exceed one page.
Please note that any application without a cover letter will be automatically rejected.
Final Assessment Centre
Start date: June 2024
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, with beautiful countryside surrounding the area. Supported by major motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. Our award-winning office, known as Hexagon Place, was opened in 2005 and provides a modern, flexible working environment with facilities that are second-to-none. Around 2,000 people work at our Welwyn office in Global Early Development (pRED), Global Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and our Corporate functions.
Roche offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation. There is a fully equipped gym on-site, a library and information centre, and an active sports and social club. We also have a subsidised staff restaurant providing foods to cater for every taste throughout the day. At the heart of the building is an informal meeting area known as The Street which features a coffee shop, snack machine and cashpoint. A second building on-site, called The Hub, contains modern meeting room and conference facilities. Roche promotes personal well-being and work-life balance. Therefore, flexible working options will be considered for all roles at Roche UK. Roche is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche Products Ltd. At Roche Products we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building a diverse and flexible working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age. We recognise the importance of flexible working and will review all applicants’ requests with care. At Roche difference is valued and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work.