An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Research and Database Coordinator to support EnergyNet’s marketing and sales teams. The successful candidate will conduct targeted research into EnergyNet’s target markets, working closely with sales and marketing to add leads to the database in line with agreed targets. The role also involves lead qualification via phone calls and data refresh projects.
EnergyNet is a Queen’s Award-winning producer of investment conferences for Africa and Latin America’s energy sectors. Best known for the Africa Energy Forum, the longest running Forum for decision makers in Africa’s power sector, EnergyNet also produces country and region-specific investment meetings which focus on the power generation potential of countries such as Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Ghana, Ethiopia, Mexico, Colombia and Peru. Events take place in Europe, North America, Latin America and across the African continent. 2018 event locations included Mauritius, Miami and Cape Town.
Supported by the Head of Marketing and Sales Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering data build and refresh projects in line with agreed targets. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, exceptionally organized and possess brilliant attention to detail.
- Use various sources and techniques to conduct data research for the sales and marketing teams, including but not limited to: web research, association member lists, competitor sponsor lists, industry conference delegate lists, exhibitor directories
- Following a clearly defined brief to obtain the correct contact details for new leads
- Qualifying leads over the phone and by email to obtain GDPR consent
- Regularly monitoring results against set targets and suggesting recommendations
- Feedback client responses to sales and marketing teams to inform the overall campaign
- Literate and numerate with exemplary verbal and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of research methodologies and techniques
- Good knowledge of written & spoken Spanish preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Highly organized
- Highly motivated and conscientious
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use own initiative to source new leads based on the brief
- The ability to articulate and be naturally persuasive
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Spanish speaker highly desired, or willingness to learn
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!