West Midlands + 2
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
You will be joining our dedicated and enthusiastic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) team as an Environmental Specialist, based at our site in Milton Keynes.
You will be working in a professional and friendly environment, working in an Environment, Health, and Safety (Compliance) role, helping to build and maintain ISO accredited management systems. You will be provided with the opportunity to understand the risks and opportunities within pharmaceutical operations, support various departments, and assist in the development of our EHS strategy, including the Companies Carbon Neutral by 2025 target.
• Coordinate environmental monitoring (air, water, groundwater and soil) of discharges/emissions as required by the environmental permit and environmental management system, including interpretation of results
• Coordinate collection of environmental performance data, review and reporting for corporate environmental data collection
• Responsible for supporting the Environment, Health & Safety manager on all relevant environmental legislation, Company Global Standards, and other enforceable requirements to help ensure compliance at all times
• Initially supporting to identify environmental and energy objectives for inclusion in the environmental and energy programmes as a result of changes to legislation, corporate directives, performance monitoring or investigations
• Support to coordinate the Company’s Environmental Permit compliance obligations, including submissions to Environment Agency
• Compile and evaluate a variety of data, and prepare reports including the 6-monthly water emissions report, comprehensive annual report including production output, emissions and performance indicators, in addition to the annual Pollution Inventory Reporting of emissions to water, air and waste
• Supporting to interpret environmental regulations affecting the site and translate applicable requirements into strategic, cost-effective compliance approaches and update the company EHS procedures and organisational arrangements in compliance
• To ensure that Environmental aspects from activities, products, or services are identified, the risks understood and effectively controlled
• Participate in reviews of processes, facilities and procedures during management of change assessments
• Maintain records as required by applicable permit or regulations, or provides guidance to the facility on how to maintain the required records
• Support internal auditing of the EHS management system and associated operating procedures to evaluate compliance and identify opportunities for improvement
• Assist in investigations of events and support in the implementation of the appropriate Corrective and Preventative actions to prevent recurrence
• To liaise with the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency and other appropriate enforcing authorities as required
• Develop understanding of statutory reporting requirements
• To ensure that adequate records are maintained to demonstrate compliance with EHS programs and Environmental Permit
• Support the EHS training strategy and support the delivery and coaching of employees
• Integrates EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieves continuous performance improvement, meeting EHS performance objectives. Partners with operations to develop objectives to achieve these goals in alignment with site business goals and values
• Representing the company with outreach program linked to consultation requirements of environmental permit
• Successfully completed a degree in an environmental, chemical engineering or natural science discipline (or equivalent qualification)
• Can demonstrate analytical and logical problem-solving abilities
• Flexibility to perform multiple, complex tasks simultaneously to efficiently support the business
• Knowledge of Environmental law in the UK
• Previous experience in manufacturing (e.g. projects at university, extra-curricular, previous internship experience, etc)
• Understanding of waste water characterisation and air abatement principles
Qualities we look for:
• Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
• Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
• Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and curiosity
• Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
• Demonstrates clear and effective communication
• Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England