Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. As an Environmental Consulting placement student, you'll help us deliver outstanding projects that preserve our country's biodiversity or support the generation of sustainable energy. You could work on a range of programmes from enlisting beavers for flood management, major schemes such as protecting wildlife for a new village in Llandarcy, Wales or technically developing New Nuclear New Build projects and supporting the decommissioning of legacy Nuclear infrastructure. You'll be supported and trusted to advise our clients on pollution, contaminated land, environmental policy and conventional/radioactive waste disposal issues. You'll also be involved with fieldwork, conducting tests and surveys, collating and presenting data and auditing processes for efficiency and impact.
Where you could work
As one of our Environmental Consulting placement students, you could find yourself in one of the following business areas:
Asset Planning & Solutions
Industrial placement locations: Peterborough
Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology
Summer placement locations: Birmingham, Bristol
Industrial placement locations: Birmingham, Derby, Epsom
Planning and Environmental Consenting
Industrial placement locations: Belfast, Bristol, London, Warrington
Water Management Consultancy
Industrial placement locations: Bristol, Epsom, Glasgow, Oxford, Peterborough, Swansea, Warrington
We're the practice which helps our clients with innovative design, research and advisory services for a sustainable future. With us, get to work in sectors that excite you, across water, cities & development, transport, aviation and energy. As one of the team, you'll work on a variety of projects, from airports to reservoirs, motorways to campuses, ensuring they're safe, eco-friendly, and safeguard our natural resources.
Nuclear and Power
Summer placement locations: Bristol
Our New Build Environment teams use a range of technical disciplines (Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering & more) to help our clients to safely manage radioactive waste/discharges, protect their workers, the public and the environment from radiation.
What you’ll need?
- An understanding of the consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn
- To be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- An ability to adapt to the changing world of work, embracing new technology and agile ways of working
- A desire to develop relationship building skills which you’ll use with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being to include:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
In addition to the above, our top performing placement students (who’ve completed at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we’re able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.