Global Water Intelligence (GWI) is looking for a creative and organised individual to help bring the world of water together.
From in-person conferences, such as the Global Water Summit, the leading annual event for thought leaders and business executives from around the world, to our shorter online GWI Network meetings, providing water professionals with specialist knowledge and networking opportunities critical to their business, our events help shape the direction of the water sector. Supported by our brilliant research, marketing, and sales teams, the GWI events team takes responsibility for bringing the faces behind the articles of GWI Magazine and WaterData to life.
As an Events Producer, you’ll work on a broad range of events and will soon learn how to curate conversations that are both interesting and informative, that grab the attention of busy people, and can have a lasting impact. Every day is different in the events business, so you’ll need to be flexible and prepared to meet challenges with enthusiasm. Your day-to-day might include:
- Producing an engaging agenda that reflects current trends and key opportunities
- Building session formats and online spaces in which conversations can thrive
- Sourcing speakers and inspiring them to join the conversation and share their knowledge
- Meeting with key executives in the water market, learning more about their business objectives and where collaborative opportunities lie
- Liaising with the sales and marketing teams, working together to increase revenues and make your event a success
- Increasing the awareness of our brand and continuing to develop the GWI community
GWI is a fast-paced and exciting company, and so we’re looking for someone who is:
- Curious: We don’t expect you to know about water now, but we do expect you to be prepared to get totally engaged with the subject.
- Creative: Every event is different, so you’ll need to think outside the box.
- Socially fluent: You’ll be dealing with an array of different people, one of the most exciting elements of our industry.
- Organised: You’ll be working on numerous projects in tandem, which requires good time management skills and a minute attention to detail. The ability to work to a deadline is a must.
- Commercially minded: We are in business to have an impact on the world, but we can only deliver that impact if we are a successful business.
- Tech savvy: COVID-19 has changed the way we work, and so you’ll need to be comfortable using different computer programs and communicating online.
Please note that this is not a sales or marketing role: the Events Producer is a content-oriented position that will touch on all areas of the water sector and require collaboration with teams across the business.
Whilst experience in the events industry is welcome, recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the position and your current salary to us. The closing date for applications is 12 December 2021.
We encourage you to apply early, as we may close the vacancy if we receive sufficient applications.
We will not consider any CVs sent without covering letters, or applications with generic covering letters not tailored to the vacancy.