Life as a Software Engineer is all about creating products using cutting edge tech.
If you choose to join us as a Graduate Software Engineer you’ll learn how to build and test enterprise-grade, resilient software that is rapidly utilised by clients. You’ll evolve applications building capabilities and features primarily in Java (server-side). You’ll also gain exposure to web-based front end using HTML, CSS, and Typescript.
Our technology stretches across a wide variety of areas, from proprietary low-level database components highly tuned to efficiently process billions of rows of data, through to richly interactive interfaces incorporating machine learning techniques to deliver cutting edge user experiences.
We invest in the future of our business and technology to ensure our products and platforms are robust, maintainable and scalable. That’s why you can also expect to experiment in emerging technologies and techniques that help keep our products, processes and pipelines modern, effective and efficient.
Get ready for design thinking, open-source software, cloud technologies, APIs, a start-up mindset and an agile framework.
What we’re looking for
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or another technical STEM subject.
Don’t have a degree in those fields? That’s ok.
Maybe you’re a bedroom coder or simply a tech enthusiast. If you have a real passion for technology and can demonstrate an understanding of how and where it can be used, we will consider those from a non-STEM degree.
We look for students who are:
- Intellectually Curious: You will love to learn. To discover how things “tick”. You will ask questions and not be afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Driven to deliver: To excel and take pride in your work. To meet deadlines.
- Willing to contribute: You will get stuck in and contribute ideas. We know you’ll make mistakes (everyone does!) but you will continually evolve.
- Proud to collaborate and be yourself: You won’t be afraid to help others. We want to see the authentic you, and to support you in delivering with integrity.
- Accountable: To safeguard our future. To represent our brand. To do yourself and Experian proud.
The Graduate Programme
During the 2-year programme, you’ll receive a blend of soft skills training delivered in conjunction with our wider Graduate cohort, alongside technical training delivered more locally. You can expect a blend of self-paced training courses and on the job learning
What you’ll receive
As a Graduate your career matters to us. That’s why we’ll grow, develop, and enhance your technical, professional, and soft skills helping you to achieve your goals.
On top of career development and fantastic leadership, you can expect benefits such as:
- 25 Days Holiday (+ buy/sell 8 additional days)
- Discounted gym membership
- Online discounts portal
- Flexible and agile working
- Annual bonus scheme or commission (depending on role)
- Sharesave plan enabling you to purchase Experian shares at a 20% discount with no financial risk involved
Experian does not discriminate. We’re interested in your skills, talent, potential, and nothing else.
Please click “apply”. Everyone will receive a response.
The Recruitment Process
We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
After you’ve applied, we’ll take a look at your application and let you know as soon as possible if it’s meant to be.
If it’s looking promising, we’ll be in touch with an email to invite you to complete our online testing.
If successful, you’ll then be asked to complete a one-way video interview where we’ll get to the meet the person behind the CV!
Our final stage involves an interactive assessment centre delivered online. In this you'll be asked to take part in a group project, undertake a technical interview, a competency-based interview, and have the opportunity to network with our previous students. For this role we aim to hold Assessment Centre’s week commencing *10th of May 2021 (*Subject to change)
Thanks for your application, interest and patience. We look forward to meeting you!
To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!