FactSet is an inclusive community unified by the spirit of going above and beyond. Our ethos is that diversity should be embraced – great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time. We roll up our sleeves to solve tough problems together, and learn from our successes, as well as our failures.
Product Development is at the heart of what makes FactSet the right solution for our clients. Since our inception, our product developers have been responsible for driving the delivery of products that supply financial data, analytics and trading solutions for thousands of financial professionals around the globe. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration.
As a member of the product development team, understanding users’ ever-changing needs comes first. The mission of the department is to deliver innovative, world-class solutions by collaborating with clients to understand their needs and with internal teams to bring our solutions to market. You will remain highly attuned to what's going on in the financial industry, as well as to what our clients need in order to do their jobs effectively. As a result, you’ll naturally emerge as among FactSet's most highly respected specialists and thought leaders.
While we consider candidates with a strong interest in FinTech from any major, we especially encourage applicants with backgrounds in finance, MIS, economics, business administration, and applied mathematics. Above all, we look for candidates with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their workflows
- Support applications by answering questions, troubleshooting bugs, and working on enhancement requests
- Ask effective questions in various situations to gather information and uncover user needs
- Analyze user workflows to arrive at clear vision of needs to optimize the user experience
- Collaborate with customers, sales, support, stakeholders and development teams to translate those needs into products and enhancements that delight the customer and improve their workflows
- Partner with teams (UX design, engineering, quality assurance) and stakeholders to inspire the delivery of valued-based solutions as a team
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with Python, R, MatLab or similar.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
- Strong organizational, communication, troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- High level of motivation
- Passion for technology and basic knowledge of financial markets
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-2 years of industry experience
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!