Do you want to work on some of the most prestigious, innovative and demanding strategic asset management and sustainability projects, from the global transformation projects to government framework developments?
Do you want to work for a company whose success is built on hiring, training, developing and retaining the very best people? Do you have the drive to keep on learning and achieve professional status?
We are a technical consultancy within the facilities and asset management sector of the built environment. The majority of our work is national with some international work. Our team of technical consultant’s support clients on a wide range of complex projects from enhancing operational effectiveness to developing sourcing and procurement strategies, designing Target Operating Models and being at the core of contract intervention and remediation. As a member of the Strategic Asset Management team you will work directly with clients who are seeking to maximise the business value of their assets, estate and facilities management service. We offer rotations which will also put you into contact with Life Cycle Costing with our cost consultants, as well as sustainability and built environment projects from environmental assessments to supporting clients through all RIBA stages on a BREEAM project. Our clients include such companies as GSK, EDF, Roche, Royal Mail, University College London, Salix and HS2.
We offer an intensive training package tailored to your individual needs, you will define this with your mentor to take you from Graduate to Chartered Professional. You’ll be motivated with a positive attitude and enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Does this sound like you? In which case, please read on - we’d love you to apply!
What you’ll be doing
At Faithful+Gould, we’re a people business, a people business that wants to make a positive difference; a difference to the communities in which we live and operate, our client’s projects, and the careers of our talented workforce. Our graduates are the next generation of that workforce – they’re our future experts, and Faithful+Gould is committed to providing training and development to ensure that they, like all Faithful+Gould staff, have the best opportunity to fulfil their potential.
You’ll join us as a Graduate Consultant and will help provide expert advice to our clients on a range of complex projects. Our Consultants work across both public and private sectors, including universities, pharmaceutical, government and new and refurbishment development projects. You will learn to work with clients and learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and well-rounded and broad-based consultant. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing team, to learn from.
Who we’re looking for
You will be a talented Graduate with a 2:2 degree to work in a growing team of consultants. We’ll sponsor your training plan over the course of your three-year programme.
You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve professional status (RICS). With a passion for working in a fully inclusive consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with clients and with teams who deliver to their customers. You’ll be adaptable and a confident decision maker with excellent communication and team-working skills. You will also have the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
Where you’ll be based
Training and development
Our training will help you solve real-life problems from day one and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
- Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. What defines Faithful+Gould is the unrivalled amount of support by your assigned supervisor and buddy during APC workshops, monthly Q&A, training and mocks.
- Professional development which will be discussed throughout GDP, supporting you in becoming a well-rounded consultant and encouraging you to obtain your APC by offering you a wide variety of work and projects in order to gain experience required to achieve this. We also offer core learning modules to develop your softer skills such as technical writing and presentation skills to enable to you complete your day to day role.
- APC coaching, professional training and industry exposure with a high-level clients and variety of projects.
- This year we have had exceptional UK APC results exceeding the national average by 15% with a combined pass rate of 80% which shows our dedication and commitment to training and Learning & Development.
Rewards & Benefits
If you join us you will be working on a wide range of innovative and demanding projects, helping us to turn bold ideas into reality. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced consultants in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- A further bonus of £2,500 will be made once you achieve chartered status, or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development.
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Association with RICS, on the RICS Project Management Board and RICS Facilities Management Board
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Annual Graduate Events
How to apply
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!