As a Graduate Surveyor on our prestigious 3-year programme you will help to support and deliver a variety of multidisciplinary services across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally. We operate across a range of markets including; education, central and local government, commercial property and heritage.
We strive to build strong relationships by understanding the challenges our clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our core suite of digital platforms and tools underpin our service delivery model and through innovation, standardisation and automation, we maximise efficiencies for our clients to save time and money. Our cutting-edge independent advice and guidance enables our clients to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes.
We offer an intensive training package tailored to your individual needs, you will define this with your mentor to take you from Graduate to Chartered Professional. You’ll be motivated with a positive attitude and enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Does this sound like you? In which case, please read on - we’d love you to apply!
Where could I work?
Within Faithful+Gould there are two surveying teams you can join; Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying, please read on for more detail:
Faithful+Gould – Quantity Surveying
Locations: Bristol, Oxford, Warrington, Manchester, Tunbridge Wells, Exeter, London, Leeds, Epsom, Swansea, Cambridge, Stockton, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Degree Requirements: with/expecting a 2.2 degree or above in Quantity Surveying or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen. Faithful+Gould will sponsor your MSc on a day release basis if you don’t have a degree in a relevant subject
You can either join us as Quantity Surveyor in our Infrastructure team or our Property teams. Both industries provide focus on adding value to our clients’ construction journey through expert cost advice and construction technical knowledge. More detail on these teams:
Infrastructure Team (Quantity Surveying)
Our Quantity Surveyor Infrastructure team, enables you to work on some of the most prestigious and technically challenging Civil Engineering projects in the UK, influencing the way we live and shape the Built Environment. Our highly regarded Infrastructure team has a significant Client base across multiple sectors, working for Clients such as TFL, Network Rail, Highways England, EDF Energy, Thame Water and Gatwick Airport to name just a few.
As a Quantity Surveyor in Infrastructure you will have the exciting opportunity to take responsibility for a vast array of projects ranging between £1m - £100m+. This will involve spending time in the office or out on the client’s site, ensuring that client projects are delivered on time, budget and to the specification. Tasks can range from providing clients with strategic cost advice at project conception, to guiding clients through procurement routes and administering contracts of major value on their behalf.
At F+G, you will join a highly motivated, knowledgeable and dynamic team that will ensure that you receive the right training and development opportunities required to achieve your Chartership, which will open doors around the world as an internationally recognised professional standard.
Commercial Property Team
If you join one of our Quantity Surveyor Property teams you will enjoy exposure on a wide variety of schemes, in all sectors, including new university campuses, commercial office developments, refurbishment of listed buildings and museums, large residential scheme, theme parks, the list is endless! You will learn to guide design teams, ensuring projects are designed within our clients’ budget and you will work with contractors, on site, managing construction costs for our clients. Along the way you gain excellent experience to enable you to pass your APC confidently not just making you a Chartered Surveyor but making you excellent at your job.
You will be developing your communication and problem-solving skills as well as honing your mathematical ability and business acumen. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing qualified team, to learn from.
Faithful+Gould - Building Surveying
Locations; Bristol, Oxford, Warrington, Manchester, Birmingham, Tunbridge Wells, Cardiff, Exeter, London, Swansea, Glasgow, Epsom, Cambridge
Degree Requirements: with/expecting a 2.2 degree or above in Building Surveying or a degree in any subject for those who can demonstrate commercial or technical acumen. Faithful+Gould will sponsor your MSc on a day release basis if you don’t have a degree in a relevant subject
As a building surveyor, you need to enjoy being out of the office. The nature of our projects and the work we do is hands on, you will likely be liaising directly with the client and project team as well as members of the public on a frequent basis. Time spent back in the office will not be dull, for one thing there will always be a new project to work on, our teams are growing and our project variety with it! Our building surveyors manage several projects at any one time, in a variety of different sectors ranging from a local primary school extension, to a medieval fortress, to a prison building to a recording studio – pretty much anything property related across the public and private sector. Our services include party wall, dilapidations, technical due diligence, surveys, landlord and tenant relations and compliance.
Our scope is unlimited, as is our potential. We are one of the leading providers of building surveying services within the UK, our national team will support you through your APC and beyond. If you’re looking for a varied project portfolio, which frequently takes you out of the office and enjoy being part of a large, social team then this is the discipline for you.
What are we looking for?
- Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
- Drive to achieve Chartered status
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
Training and development
Our training will help you solve real-life problems from day one and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
- Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. What defines Faithful+Gould is the unrivalled amount of support by your assigned supervisor and buddy during APC workshops, monthly Q&A, training and mocks.
- Professional development which will be discussed throughout GDP, supporting you in becoming a well-rounded consultant and encouraging you to obtain your APC by offering you a wide variety of work and projects in order to gain experiencer required to achieve this. We also offer core learning modules to develop your softer skills such as technical writing and presentation skills to enable to you complete your day to day role.
- APC coaching, professional training and industry exposure with a high-level clients and variety of projects.
- This year we have had exceptional UK APC results exceeding the national average by 15% with a combined pass rate of 80% which shows our dedication and commitment to training and L&D.
What are the benefits and rewards?
If you join us you will be working on a wide range of innovative and demanding projects, helping us to turn bold ideas into reality. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced consultants in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- A further bonus of £2,500 will be made once you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Association with RICS, on the RICS Project Management Board and RICS Facilities Management Board
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Annual Graduate Events
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunity employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!