Technology Consultant - German-English International Graduate Programme
As an award-winning IT Graduate Employer, FDM is a FTSE 250 professional services provider with a global footprint. We work with some of the world’s most reputable organisations with over 200 clients across various industries such as banking, media, charity and insurance. We believe, no matter what you studied at university, all graduates possess the skills to fuel an exciting career in technology.
How is the programme structured?
- Your journey will begin in one of FDM’s training academies in London, Leeds or Glasgow, where we will provide you with commericially relevant training and the chance to gain industry recognised qualifications, as well as mentoring and support throughout. We have a variety of programmes for you to train on, including Software Development, Business Intelligence, IT Service Management and Software Testing. Our award-winning Graduate Programme provides a wealth of opportunity to gain transferable skills as well as becoming an expert within your field.
- After successfully completing your training, you will work with one or more of our prestigious clients.
What will I be doing?
IT Service Management - you will be trained on how to provide support to the IT systems which are being used in a business. You will learn what it takes to deal with incidents and requests that end users may have and how to provide and coordinate the solution to ensure a business functions optimally. You will become an expert on dealing with time sensitive projects such as incident management, change management, problem management and configuration management, by learning the ins and outs of the vital activities required to operate, deliver and control IT services within a company.
Software Development - you will be trained on multiple skills from analysis and design, integration and deployment, to automation of software systems. You will learn to write, develop and test codes to fix faults and create new systems as well as be able to use a range of languages and work on advanced modules and projects.
Business Intelligence – you will be trained to become an expert at developing strategies to help businesses gain and maintain competitive advantage through the use of data. You will learn how to design and develop analytics tools and platforms to analyse data essential to ensuring that businesses function efficiently. BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations with the aim of creating a simpler interpretation of big data, identify opportunities and improve strategies for long-term organisational stability.
Software Testing - you will learn the role of technical testing in order to assure the quality of systems and applications once they have been developed. You will be trained on the tools a tester needs to guarantee the developed system consistently meets the appropriate quality and performance expectations at all phases of a project. You will also develop cross functional skills relevant to all aspects of solution delivery in order to work alongside the development team to aid in eliminating any issues.
What we are looking for:
- A natural problem solver, with the ability to analyse and identify various issues.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably within Mathematics, Computer Science, Natural Sciences, Technology or similar disciplines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Affinity for technology and IT topics.
- Good decision making skills within fast-paced environments.
- Geographically flexible throughout Germany and the DACH region to support our clients.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and German.
What we offer you:
- Industry recognised training and qualifications in Germany.
- Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, planning and Microsoft Excel.
- A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations.
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey.
- Modern and central training academies.
- Social events and networking.
With ongoing start dates throughout the year, we offer exciting opportunities for you to kick-start your career in the tech industry. If successful, you will be able to specify your interest for this particular role at a later point in the application process.