The Equity Investment Directing team is part of the Equity Investment Team. The Investment Team manages portfolios on behalf of institutional, wholesale and retail clients globally.
The Equity Investment Directing team aims to commercialise Fidelity’s equity investment capabilities. The team is responsible for representing the equity group to prospective and existing clients, reporting on portfolios, promoting thought leadership on equity topics, working with product development to create new products to meet investors’ demands, and generating marketing material to support sales activity.
The team has a strong knowledge of equity markets and Fidelity’s portfolio strategies, combined with a capacity to communicate these in different formats, including through direct client relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
We don’t expect you to come straight in and know everything about what we do.
As a graduate, and whatever you’re studying, we’ll set you up for success by providing you with the appropriate training and support.
You’ll support investment directing and investment specialists and prepare core marketing presentations and reporting materials to support sales activities.
You’ll work with internal stakeholders to source key data and obtain the latest internal views on issues, assisting with project management tasks as assigned by the team.
You’ll join the team and work with several different Investment Directors. During the rotation, your key stakeholders will be the Investment Directors, the investment specialist team, the Indian-based fund analysts, Portfolio Managers and local sales and marketing professionals. Your core areas of focus will include:
- Fund and market analysis - Developing knowledge of the market, portfolio strategy and investment processes to aid the team in identifying commercial angles and/or information gaps for existing and prospective products, involving the production of pitch books and marketing collateral.
- Collaboration with key business channels - Forging strong relationships with the investment team and key distribution channels to improve the awareness and effectiveness of the team’s output, involving the dissemination of necessary information and development of marketing collateral appropriate to specific internal and external needs.
- Client reporting - Providing data and written content on the market environment, fund performance and investment strategy in response to client reporting requirements and ad-hoc queries.
You’ll also be expected to take on a ‘project’ with the intention of adding value and leaving a legacy.
What we look for:
You’ll be curious, keen to learn new things and develop your commercial acumen whilst making use of the training and mentorship available.
You’ll be enthusiastic about joining us at Fidelity and learning more about the asset management industry. You’ll be required to show initiative and work in a fast-paced environment whilst building and developing relationships with our clients and internal stakeholders.
We welcome applications from students from all degree backgrounds. If you’re inquisitive and ambitious, a career at Fidelity could be a great opportunity for you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to:
- Have an ABB or above at A level or equivalent. If you didn’t achieve ABB, we’ll consider your results contextually
- Final year student of Bachelor or Masters degree, graduating in 2021
- Be on track for a 2:1 or above
- Have a strong interest in the financial services industry
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Training and Development
You’ll start the graduate programme with a comprehensive induction, during which we’ll introduce you to investment management and how it fits into the City, as well as to financial markets. After that, there are many more ways to develop your skills through the duration of the program.
By playing an active role in the day-to-day functioning of the Equity Investment Directing team, you’ll achieve the following:
- Commercial awareness - By gaining a deep and thorough understanding of; Fidelity’s equity capabilities and overarching strategy, the role it plays within the broader Fidelity business and our clients’ evolving challenges/needs.
- Building Fidelity network - By demonstrating an appreciation of the interconnected nature of Fidelity’s equity business, through regular interactions with the investment team and other business areas (namely sales & marketing teams), spanning different geographies and cultures.
- Product / Technical knowledge - By being able to confidently articulate (to non-investment professionals) the role of equity in an investment portfolio, basic-to-intermediate equity concepts and macroeconomic drivers of financial markets.
- Social and networking events will help you get to know our people and culture. All the while you’ll be learning on the job, working to clear goals and understanding your own potential.
How to Apply
Please submit your application, including CV by Friday 20 November 2020.
We’ve worked hard to ensure our new process is fast and efficient. That means our application deadline is not about just ‘getting your foot’ in the door by 20 November, you need to apply, pass the online strengths-based assessments and submit your video interview by 20 November as well.
All assessment centres will take place late November / early December.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $608.7billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $437 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Integrity - Doing the right thing, every time and putting the client first
Trust - Empowering each other to take the initiative and make good decision
Our employees should be:
Brave - Challenge the status quo, be accountable and speak up
Bold - Act with conviction, encourage diverse thinking and keep things simple
Curious - Learn to do new things in better ways and encourage fresh thinking
Compassionate - Have empathy, care for colleagues, clients and the community
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!